1.08.2005

Occupational Picks - Priest

I'd been pretty close with the church.
I went to catholic school under Dominican nuns.
I'd been an altar server since 6 yrs old.
I'd trained altar servers, sang in the choir, and even taught Sunday School.

While I was an altar server, growing up, people always thought I'd be a good priest.
These same people (parishoners, family, friends, etc) thought I'd end up being a bishop or something.

Well, that would have been the case, except being plainly honest,... I wouldn't do a decent job.
Reason is, I snicker everytime someone mentioned 'Father Bum'. Heh heh, today's mass celebrant will be Father Bum. Sounds more like something you'd announce at a club or concert.
Almost.

Anyway, the real reason is, I like women.
I would NOT be able to give a good homily if there's some cute chic in the congregation.
A studdering priest, let alone one that would just be like..."uh...hey bebe" a la Beavis and Butt-Head would just not work.

So... no priestly aspirations for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

I bet some women get a high off of teasing priests. But I wonder... would it be a sin for the women who do that?

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home