1.11.2005

Drawin' to pass the time

Posted by Hello

Once again, the insomniac sings a whisper at night and looks for the lullabye.
Tonight, it came in form of a drawing. Granted, I'm not all that good at it, and it's been a good number of years since I bothered to draw, let alone sketch anything... I drew this tonight.

No, it's not really anyone per se... mainly because if I admitted to who it was, and that person saw this and didn't like it one bit...then it'd be blah. But if I use the rationale of 'inspired by...'... maybe, then just maybe i can get away with it.

If you saw the photograph I used as a basis for it, you would see one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. Sure, it's all relative, but I stand by that statement. She knows what she wants, and not afraid to chase down those dreams. After a really long day, she's just sitting there, giving me this "You're going to take a picture of me, huh?" look? and she smiles... actually, I ended up taking several pictures of her. Some, you can see her bright smile, and in this one, the reserved but gracious smile i'd come to like about the princess.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to new understanding
with the passing whisper of their wisdom.

Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for a little while,
leave footprints in our hearts,
and we are never, ever the same.
-Flavia

Lullaby...a soothing song with which to lull to sleep... she's my lullaby tonight, and i'm smiling myself to sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Very nice...:)

My drawing is limited to stick people with lollipop heads.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I used to draw comic book superheroes when I was young, you know, people with impossible proportions. Well, there is this woman here where I work. And she actually looks like the women in the comic books. It's really shocking. Every time I see her I just stand there and stare because I can't believe anyone actually looks like that. And she laughs at me. I must have a really stupid look on my face while I'm staring at her because it always cracks her up. It's all just the sudden flood of dopamine in my brain, but she doesn't care.

So the point is, go ask her out before someone else does.

On a totally useless side note, 2 of the most beautiful girls I ever met worked at Teledyne Brown Engineering and TRW. Both married other engineers. I guess they sit at home at night talking about the coefficient of friction between the roads and the tires on their minivans. Who can say?

I never asked either one out, seeing as one was already married when I found her and the other was engaged. Annoyingly, I went to high school with both of these girls and never met them once. It wasn't until college, when they had already hooked up with their One And Only that I met them.

Damn high school was too freakin' big! 4 years of walking the same halls and I never even saw them once.

OK, now this whole line of thinking has me all worked up. Hey, go ask that girl out.

And another thing, go ask that girl out.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Bum said...

Thanks, Stacy :)

Steve, a first comment from you. Are you one of my regular lurkers or this your first time out?

:)

Hmm...my friend once said we were soulmates. I remember posting some time ago on soulmates, and this one is one of them. As for asking her out... Eh, wishful thinking on my part. But I never really know if and when she's hooked up or not. Distance is also a bitch, even if I was a likely candidate in her taste for guys. :)

Ya know... I don't know about the engineering couple you know... but I know of a few who don't talk about that stuff at home,..unless it comes up like a trivial pursuit deal. I've another friend... yeah, sure, we talk about work a lot, but ... coefficients? Ick. Others talk cars and motorcycles, and who knows what else the others talk about. :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I stumbled in by way of Stacy. She's blogrolled you so I was just checking out the competition.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home