2.06.2006

a good read

"How do you document real life when real life's getting more like fiction each day?"--Rent

Work Erin sent me this quote today, as part of our quote exchange program. Well, one-way, really, since she sends me the quotes, and i read them. So, yeah,... how DO you document real life when real life's getting more like fiction each day? What does this mean? How do you read it or into it? You have the old cliche, my life is like an open book, or whatever else is out there. I don't know how my book reads. Sometimes, it's funny as hell. Sometime, it depresses me. Othertimes, it's just a fun read, this life is.

I can't be alone out here so the chances that there are other books out there similar to mine are very high. Not too shabby and it's always good to know you're not alone.

"There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last."

I wish I could honestly and fully subscribe to this. Each day, not just here and now. I think, to me, that is how to live. I guess that's all part of the child versus getting a little older. Younger, you had no cares, what others thought of you or your actions as long as you didn't hurt anyone else. That sort of thing. But, as you progress (if you can call it then) on, this sense of invincibility and invisibility decreases, and you're left with this conscience, whether outward looking or self-inspecting, and you don't allow yourself to live each moment as your last because you're thinking too much. This reminds me of a quote from my 7th or 8th grade yearbook...

No beginnings. No ends. Just the infinite passions of life...

And finally, another quote Work Erin sent...

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

They almost all share similar meanings, if you interpret it as such. it makes me wonder about Rent. It seems cool, and it's getting hyped up, so hopefully it will ba worth the hype. I think so since I like the quotes i've received so far.

if all else, when i die, i know i've got a lot of boring spots in my life, but hopefully, there's be fun and funny pages here and there. oh, and pictures too. pictures in books are always good. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and you'll have friends and people that you've had a positive impact on. :D

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home