9.16.2004

Nothing Else Better to Do

Today was an ok day at work. Ok, so I looked forward to lunch. Since 9:30am. Which wouldn't arrive any earlier than 12:00. But lunch was really nice. J-Dubs was actually cool for fast food, and we hung out for awhile and just chatted about work and whatever else. KFC has a cheap menu lately, and for $1, it said you can add 3 mini-pies. Well, ok, so the picture on the wall would have you believe these would be 3 small pies, akin to a slice size portion... but nooOOooo...
these pies would make Weebl say "what the f@ck?, Bob?" There were more of 'bite-sized' mini-pies. But pie is pie. (I ended up buying two pint-sized ice creams later in the afternoon to share with the coworkers).

As if I DON'T go to BW3s enough,...after work, I went. Nothing else to do, right? Well, stopped by the comic book store that I hadn't been to in months first. Then went to EB Games. Then went to BW3s. I didn't recognize Megs tonight cuz she looked totally different. I was impressed. Ok, so I was actually gonna eat and run if she wasn't there, but yeah, she was there. Sad that Big Ern recognized her, and I'm like...hi there. Romancer stopped by to get some food after class as well.

Yeah, tonight was an interesting night. Still don't know what to make of it, but I swear, if my dream this morning was any indication, I really need to pay attention more. It was like a weekend, although the background looked like work. Someone said hi to me, as far as small talk goes, until she left with some person, sorta blurry, and kisses him and they go away. But she was vivid. I have no rest even in my dreams.

Tomorrow, I have worked with the same company for four years. This is the longest I've worked at a given place, aside from the work I did as a college student doing tech support and manning the computer lab. A week from tomorrow, is the last time I seriously recall going out on a real date. Seven years ago. At least the last time I had asked someone out and it was just the two of us. I don't even know what a date is anymore because all I've been doing is just hanging out with friends. How I can explain this to the folks who mean well and 'want' to help me out, I don't know. I was talking with a friend earlier about anniversaries. These are mine.

Romancer suggested baseball and the comedy club somewhere Downtown.
I've got nothing better to do... and I need to laugh until my insides hurt from laughing. I'm tired and staying warm is hard right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Staying warm is hard because Hello! its been seven years since you were with anyone.
Bum, you need some loving. I'd love to take you on a date if I lived 'round you.

So when were you gonna ask Megs out? I think you've got the seven year itch. :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Bum said...

Heya.
I'm fixin' to post about tonight's stuff, which includes asking Megs out, but she didn't get to cuz work was probably too busy.

7 yer itch, huh? I guess it could be that... I don't know. :)

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home