9.09.2004

Bus Stop Evening in an Office Space World

Today, I wanted to go to BW3's. Well...actually, I just wanted to hang out somewhere after work, and so BW3's is a nice compromise. It serves food for the ones who actually want to eat, and has a decent happy hour for the drinkers. I like both, plus the fact that I can get my coke with cherries there.

I got there around 630, and tried out the new popcorn shrimp appetizer. The batter had some peppercorn, and mixed with Capt. Morgan rum sauce, .... 6 or so srhimp later, i finished my crown and coke, and started on my coke with cherries (Michelle gave 3 the first time, and none per refill). So yeah, like...after finishing a good deal of the shrimp, i was so full (thanks to the cokes) that I didn't get to touch the chicken tenders. Megs was there, but didn't have her hat on, so I didn't recognize her off the bat til Michelle pointed her out.

Nando (intern) and DJ Smoov (Nando's intern friend) were walking in as I was walking out....so I redirected them to where Megs was serving (instead of waiting in the line). 745, Pepe walks in. 8ish, Big Ern makes his appearance. What can I say? I'm becoming a regular at B-Dubs, and I want Megs to have some business... though she DID have a busy night with twice as many areas to cover as other folks. It was like a Bus Stop cuz around 830ish, more of Nando's friends arrive and order, Pepe leaves, Nando and Smoov leave, Romancer comes in, the two others leave... so it's just Big Ern, Romancer, and I. So anyways, Megs is used to me having a lot of cherries in my coke. "Dude, you alone must eat more cherries than a lot of people here combined on a given night" - Big Ern.

Before Pepe left, he made a rose from a napkin, gave it to Megs and said it was from him, Big Ern, and myself...She actually wore it on her uniform. So yeah, just Big Ern, Romancer, and I were left of the motley crew. As Romancer was closing out, Big Ern takes R's receipt and writes at the bottom my cell phone number...apparently cuz i was supposed to have done this ages ago. Just like in Officespace where Peter (Ron Livingston) and his coworkers go to where Joanna (Jennifer Aniston) works... and he never really asks her out... Anyways, I'd be really surprised if she ever calls. But, it was a pleasant evening. That and Ben and Jerry's opens next door tomorrow.

Ok, laters.

3 Comments:

Blogger rathwel said...

So does the napkin rose count as a piece of flair?

6:50 AM  
Blogger cedia said...

I imagine that if you guys ever hooked up and it got serious, your anniversaries or proposal would probably involve cherries.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bum said...

As far as flair... she had two previous articles... but then again, I don't know their bare minimum. Certainly not 30 pieces... I'm guessing it counts.

She hasn't called me yet, but she did give me her work schedule so I know when to see her as a guest, and when I can say hi as just two folks hanging out.

I've never asked or given my number to anyone before, except for like...study groups, so this is different.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home