4.29.2006

Scaled down wheels keep on turning

ok, so they're not really big wheels...
try 1:18 scale wheels.
even more specifically, on Dale Jr cars.

Now, at work, I've got a few friends who I honestly cannot pass the time talking with them about work where NASCAR and our favorite drivers are not mentioned.

"Hey, when you gonna stamp my paperwork?"
"When I get done doing this other stuff."
"Think your boy is gonna do good this weekend?"
"Oh yeah! Guess who's number 1? Uh huh! Number 17, boy! Kenseth is up there!"
"Yeah yeah, well, Jr's not doing so bad either. :)"
"Yeah, he's racin' alright... ok, you want your stuff stamped off now?"
"Sure!"

I don't necessarily LIVE AND BREATHE Dale Jr., but... you could say I'm getting there.
From shirts, jerseys, jackets, chairs, hats, misc. items, figures, and scaled cars... yeah, you can kinda say I like #8. That and Hailey kicks ass for getting me Dale Jr. Chocolate. Oh yeah, I gotta post those pics, huh? And Cindy even got me a Budweiser metal sign last Oct. for my Bday.

So anyways, i collect the scaled cars. I'm still missing the 1:18 2002 MLB Dale Jr car.
Hrm. I'd like to get one sooner or later, but I keep putting it off. BUT... I have been collecting his Budweiser car from 1999-2005 (except for 2001, when they didn't make one in 1:18 scale).
They usually put out several cars in 1:18 scale... beginning with his Daytona 500 "Born-On-Date" cars, followed by the normal Red Budweiser cars. But, it's already May, for all practical purposes, and NOWHERE can any 2006 Dale Jr's are found. Sure, there's always more 1:24 scale than 1:18... but not even a one!

Tonight, somehow, there WILL be a 1:18 scale Dale Jr car, and it will be in this weekend's Talladega paint scheme where his car will be black and be a tribute to Dale Sr's, since he's getting inducted to the Hall of Fame. And sure enough, I found a place that will sell it. Muhahahahhahaa! Happiness. Simple pleasures. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

Hi! Passing my and just reading what you been up to. I love shopping for people and my house! It's truly fun! Wow I have no idea who that guy your talking about on this post. I'm not into NASCAR, so I guess I would no nothing on that subject. Atleast you have hobbies and stuff to keep you busy. I went to check out your MySpace page... Nice! :) Dang, so many friends how you keep up with?

Take care... :) Hope you had a good weekend! :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home