4.04.2006

daydreamin of vinyl

so i'm sittin here, reading up on Ghost Recon for the Xbox 360... procrastinating putting it in and playing... listening to Willie Nelson on my myspace in another window, and ha ha ha, i'm distracted.

for some reason, i'm now imaginin' i'm on some front porch in front of a house with the same facade as the Macaroni Grill that was at Bay Area... ha ha, really. it's in detail in my mind, with that nice gentle and constant breeze blowin' by, rockin' chair right behind, and the sun is out. blue skies, shining down, and then this song starts playing. no, not like a cd and not from the myspace page... but from an old vinyl record... you know, with that distinct cracklin' sound, except it's Willie Nelson singing it... this song, You Don't Know Me. and in the imagination, there's this girl. I dunno who she is, she reminds me of my dreamgirl, and... we dance. we just dance.

lame. i know. I should just go and play Ghost Recon now. but for a few, for a brief few, i was somewhere else and had more fun.
Thanks, Willie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home