4.02.2006

BumSpace - 0001 - Ring Dunking pt1


November, 1997
Ring Dunking.

There's an aggie tradition.
You have your aggie ring.
You dunk it in a pitcher (full of alcohol).
Whatever your graduation year, you have that number of seconds to finish it.

I am class of 1999. I had 99 seconds to finish a pitcher.
At the time, I didn't drink much at all of alcohol.
To me, it was either Jack Daniels, wine, or beer
And those all smelled and tasted a specific way.

I went to Galveston to see my friends Jeff and Rob dunk their ring.
I was standing there quiet, congratulating them when they finished.
Rob and Jeff partied a good deal, mind you, and yet Rob, I think, took longer than 99 seconds. That was enough to tell me, not a good idea.

KC saw me, yelled to the entire pub that I hadn't dunked my ring yet, and so I was gonna have to dunk my ring all by myself. Great. So, I gave her my reasons.

She gave me Hornsby's cider.

The rest is history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home