3.18.2006

Forward to something

Just living on a Sunday morning,
got my toast and tea and I'm warm and
I just thought I'd think about.

All the things to get and keep getting,
never enough not enough and never ending.
I just thought I'd think about.

The comfort of a knowledge of a rise above the sky
above could never parallel the challenge of an acquisition
in the here and now, here and now...

These are some fave lyrics from an old Letters to Cleo song.
It's Sunday morning, and while I don't have toast and tea,
I'm thinking of cookies or whatever's in the pantry...
but I'm warm and i'm smiling cuz tonight was a fun night.

As a flashback to Friday,
Work was work, and by 4:30, it wound down and the group was either gone physically,
or already celebrating being irish somewhere. Jose even said, "Are you in? Are you a team player?"
So I replied, "Yes, Jose, I am a MexiCAN, not a MexiCAN'T"

Jose laughs, because oddly enough, this is the first time he hears this, so he then goes to Pink Tiger and asks her ...almost the same thing,

"Yessica, are you in? Are you a MexiCAN'T or a MexiCAN'T?"

That threw us all off for a bit and I started to grin and laugh. Poor Josey.
Anyway, left work, caught up with everyone over at Molly's and had a few, and then pizza.
After a long time, and by then, our group on the patio dwindled, i went and checked out some stuff at Best Buy and Borders. Ended up getting two books from Borders, so that was cool. After that, due to a lot of caffeine in me, I just couldn't sleep. Ended up watching Pulp Fiction, reading one of the books, checked out eBay, and discovered a really cool program to edit stuff... as mentioned in the previous posts. Yeah, so cool, i lost track of time again and went to sleep at 5:30 or 6:00am or so. Woke up around 12, ate brunch, then watched Cradle to the Grave with DMX and Jet Li. After that, cleaned around the house a bit and watched some of the March Madness. A&M lost by one point. They did well, but...last minute shot got them. Maybe next year.

After the game, got ready really quick, and then headed over to Juliette's place for some games. :)
Ah, good times, fun times. We played Cranium in teams, and later played Settlers of Catan.
It was fun, but I do feel bad that we ganged up on Juliette during Settlers...mainly cuz she was whupping the three of us there playing with/against her. I haven't played board games in so long, that it's such a welcome activity and it was so much fun, we lost track of time again. I just got home a short while ago.
She's really nice and friendly, and cute too. I've got Brian to thank for the extended invite.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home