3.24.2006

Family Movies

I just got a call a few minutes ago, and it started off as what seemed to be a telemarketer. Normally, i'd just say, nope, sorry, not interested, but thanks anyways. I've rarely been rude to one unless they had that approach. Tonight was no different.

I do have to question though, that every time i pick up the phone (and this is generally the window for dinner time), i always get asked for the man or woman of the house. Um... let's pretend he's speaking then, shall we?

So tonight, this one was a non-profit organization trying to bring out more family movies on TV and the theater. It started as being asked if I felt parents or grandparents were losing control against what is watched.

My reply? No. The parents are not losing control. It's called, BE RESPONSIBLE, BE A PARENT. If you let the kids watch movies, it's you, not Hollywood's fault. Hollywood is in it for the money, and as the whores of California as they are, they will do whatever it takes to sell. Can you blame them? No. Not really.

So, they then ask me if I had kids. I played along and said yes. They then said that as a 'concerned parent', it was time to stop talking about it, and start taking control. And they said they had several corporate sponsors, but the main one was some Family Entertainment Corp. or something. Whatever. And so they asked if this company can call me. I said, No.

So, they said, well, we'll just put down a note to ask for the woman of the house. And I had to respond at this time and said, How about not?

So, he kind of felt the tone in my voice, and said thank you for my time, etc...and I said thanks back and to have a good night. I figure, he's just doing his job. Lord knows, he might probably prefer doing something else, especially at 8 or 8:30pm.

But, i just think, ya know, if ya want to monitor what the kids watch, be more active.
You can't be there all the time, either. But ya know, I'm also the kid who went with my Dad and saw Scarface in the movie theater when I was 6 yrs old. Shit, I remember the movie and that time as if it was yesterday. Ha ha. And am I complaining? No. Does that make me or my Dad a bad person? No.

Rule # 18:
"Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home