4.15.2006

know when to say when

once upon a time, like... i think it was like a year or more ago... a family friend was more than happy to set me up with someone. well, ok, so there are a good deal number of these folks, but one actually came through. True story here, folks, so gather round.
so anyway, she says, "hey, there's this cute single filipina, currently going for her residency in Atlanta. She's Catholic, pretty, and looking for a devout Catholic flip (ok, so i say flip, she used the more proper term). Would it be ok if I introduced her to you and vice versa via email?"
What did i have to lose? Shrugging, i said, ok. Not thinking much of it, she actually did. A week or so later, she emails both the doctor and i and says, Bum, this is so and so, yadda yadda yadda, and then says so-and-so, this is Bum, he is yadda dabba doo and all that stuff.
i never really know what to say to start things off. unless it's someone i already know as a friend. feels more natural that way i guess. anyway, a week after that, the doc emails me, says hi, etc etc. in the meantime, the family friend shows me the doc's pic and i'm like, huh, she's cute. anyway, the doc asks me how devout i am, etc etc, and i explain a lil bit about my faith and all that...and also ask a few questions here and there. Ah, the Dating Game...online edition. so she responds back to my reply, asks if i went to church that weekend, and i'm thinking, huh, she's serious. which is cool. so i told her yeah, and answered whatever else she asked, and shot back a few of my own, and...for those who know me, i was actually behaving. not sarcastic or playful. her 3rd email, she gives me a link to her catholicsingles.com thing. i'm like, ok. so i go, and i'm like, hey, i'd seen this person before. small world. so i replied back, yeah, saw ya before and all that. here's my link.


cricket cricket.
cricket cricket.
cricket cricket.


3 weeks passed. no response. ha ha. another one bites the dust. so, me being me, i send a note saying hey, how's life, asking about the weather in GA, etc etc.

cricket cricket.
cricket cricket.
cricket cricket.


so, i may be slow, but i'm not a dumbass...well, ok, so i am, but still...you get the point here. i'm not the Doc's type, and that's cool. except, i dunno if i wasn't holy enough, or whatever else. it's usually the whatever else, but it sucks never knowing. anyways, why is this thing called know when to say when?

the family friend emailed today. pretty adamant about reaching me. she said the Doc was gonna be in town visiting for Easter and she wanted me to come over and say hi to the Doc. Um... this is the same Doc who never returned emails after a certain point. i'm trying to think of a nice way to tell her "the Doc's not interested. dunno why, but she just isn't...but i DO have a few single friends she might be interested in". ah, i knew when to say when, but yo, the chic's not interested, give her a rest! :)

in other news, i finally finished my frickin' term paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home