2.26.2005

Woodburning

Posted by Hello

My Aunt from Chicago was down here this week visiting us, my other Aunt in Houston, and Grandma. I guess it was while she was visiting here that she saw one of the old woodburning things that i'd done, like...4 years ago, maybe?

Well, Mom had talked to her about it, I guess, and then Mom asked if I could do something for my Aunt, maybe like a Last Supper or something for their dining room back at their place.
But, she told me this on Thursday night. So... Friday, after work, i went to walmart (looking at the NASCAR items), and picked up a wood block in the arts section. Got home, and sketched a picture of the last supper based on Leonardo da Vinci's. Usually, what you do is take an original, and trace over it over carbon paper onto the wood so you have a pattern. Thing is, this time, i figured, let me go free-hand.

So... now I have this 12" x like...10" or so wooden slab thingie, and sketched out a Last Supper on friday night.
It was late, so I figured it'd prolly be best if I just burned the wood in tomorrow. The catch is, I had to be done by noon cuz we had to take my Aunt back to the airport.

Finally woke up at 9-10ish, and got started. I'm a little rusty, and time was limited, but after finishing (before heading to the airport), I took a scan of the wood burned image. I opted for a certain amount of detail, leaving off faces. I guess it turned out ok.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's pretty cool, Bum...I like it.

It would've taken me a lot longer to do something like that, being as I probably would've had to make a trip or two to the emergency room.

I am not a very "crafty" person....

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home