2.19.2005

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 Weekend

Well, the work week's finally done, and for the first time in a while, i'm more than frickin' happy for the weekend... and frickin' happy for a long weekend. But hey, shit got done. And again, as crappy and argumentative as I can get at work, it's all good when you step out that door. The art of saying, Just Fuck It.

Used to be difficult,...but eh, you get more used to it as you go along.

So. This weekend.
Woke up early and drove down south to help judge some projects for the county science and engineering fair. I saw a few of my old college professors, some of which I knew while in High School since they're my old friends' parents too. Saw a few old classmates, and then went on to the judging part.

Some of the projects were really well thought out, and you know the "kids" put out an effort. A few, it was pretty much done by someone else and they just memorized what to say. Basically, Tom had asked before judging, "Ya gonna be easy on 'em, Bum? I'm gonna grill 'em". My response? "For the last 4 or so years, I come to judge and make sure these folks leave either knowing how to do it better, and or walk out with a place if they've earned it...or enough that they won't be bitter". That covered this one project. Today, there was only three of us judging our categories, and in one category, there was only one person. Assured of 1st place, you'd think. Well, the other two were considering honorable mention. My take? Don't give that person Honorable Mention or Third cuz it's harsh. Shoot, they didn't really want to place the person. So I said, ok, don't give them First. But give them Second to make them think, well, solo in a category, but not First...something's off. Or, they TOO will adopt "Just Fuck It". Either way, lessened bitterness. One area, we were stuck in deciding who would be First and who would be Second. We actually revisited the two, but not trying to make it look obvious, and decided there.

Daytona 500 Weekend. eBay. Man, these two added together can be a scary combination. Anyway, I picked up a few items... my "non-winning" streak is over. In fact, after the science fair, did a few errands, and visited grandma. Checked up on her computer, and other stuff. In the process, checked eBay and one of the things I was watching was near close. Granted, at home, I'm on a cable modem. Grandma's got dial-up on hers. I've mentioned converting to Cable, but she's got no issues with her connection speed. Hmm. Feb 18, as eBay reminded me via email, is my eBay anniversary date. Yep, Feb. 18, 2000, I joined the eBay Collective.

Anyway, for 80% of my eBaying, a majority was spent using the T1 connection at school, or the 56k connection at home. With that in mind, I've no idea how the hell I got to win some of the auctions...
Being spoiled with fast connections.... Long story short, I actually won the item. Though someone tried to snipe me.

While at Grandma's house, I called my classmate and we chatted for a lil bit, and hopefully we'll get to hang out soon. (details? in a few)

My Aunt from Chicago's down to visit for the week, so that's pretty cool. And finally, another part of the landscaping saga is complete as we have new trees in the backyard, so it's coming along just fine.

There ya go. In a nutshell from a nutcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home