2.13.2005

Planters, Baseball, and NASCAR

No, not the peanuts.
We had the first part of our backyard landscaping done today...
We still have a few things to finish up on, but the back looks pretty different.

So, we planted some plants, shrubs, and what-not. The trees will be like... next week.

This weekend was also Astros Fanfest / College Classis weekend. Basically, right before Spring Training, the Astros have a community program where local (and not-so-local) college baseball teams play a baseball tournament. All the while, some of the old-time players and some of the current players do an autograph signing, and other stuff. I'd gone last year, which completed my search for the Three B's as far as autographed bats go. This year, at most, I'd have tried my luck to get an autograph from Roger Clemens, but it usually sells out really quick, with people camping out a lot of hours prior to being able to buy autograph tickets. So...no Fanfest for me this year. Maybe next year.

Instead, I got a few items for relatively lower prices on eBay. NASCAR related, of course. Just a few scaled cars. I watched the race last night. Pretty cool. Jimmie Johnson won the Bud Shoot-Out. Pretty cool race, and the ending had some cool alliance support. Dale Jarrett's got the pole for the Daytona 500, but Jr's at 39th. Hopefully his car will be good to make it up front.

That's the weekend. Gotta go to sleep early cuz I've got some early work to go to. Fun fun, but the Romancer sucks for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home