11.16.2004

Incredible 11/16/2004

Posted by Hello

Paraphrased....
What are we going to do after work?
B-Dubs? Big Ern and I were thinking B-Dubs.
Ok, that or a movie. I want to go see a movie. It's been a long while.
Ok. I'm cool with that. What movie?
The Incredibles!!!
Ok....*smirk*...

Today was a nice day at work. Got in, picked up some stuff for a project from another building, took it to ours so I could play with it... Then went off to a meeting with Pink Tiger. Meeting was pretty nice, and time didn't seem to drag as it normally does...whenever I attend. I think I may have been busted a few times by the girl sitting on the other side of the room by semi-staring at her, if that's what I could call it. She's cute though. And at least not married. Ah, but I digress...

Text-messaged during the meeting with Megs. She saw the state that I left her desk area in...around a lil after 10am... she liked it. I'm glad. Balloons, happy birthday banner, streamers, candles, and a lil fairy. After the meeting, the call of the wild shouted for Freebirds burritos... so we went. The rest of the day went pretty well, no complaints at all, and did get to do some things on my checklist to accomplish for the day.

And then... the debate on what to do. Still not in the mood to go back and bowl. Scary thought, considering it -was- a Tuesday night ritual. But... I didn't want to stay out TOO late, finally being a lil under the weather again. So... after work, went off to Best Buy and picked up The Chronicles of Riddick, Kiddy Grade #7, and Elf, as well as a CD for Mom and Dad. Decided to visit some folks at Toys R Us since it'd been a bit more than a month since I visited. One of the guys actually wondered where I'd been. Go figure. Anyways, back to Best Buy. I'd met Dani there back in 2002. I know cuz it was 2002 cuz we had talked about Spiderman just coming out. So anyways, I ran into her at Best Buy tonight, after not seeing each other for months. She'd quit after graduating, and started working elsewhere. She still looks good, and it's as if we never stopped talking. So after talking for about 10 or so minutes, and catching up on where we were in life.... we went and ventured off into the store and got what we were looking for.

After that... The Incredibles. The movie is awesome. I would recommend it. HOWEVER... at the beginning of the movie, there was a short "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" cartoon about a little lamb who loved dancing as if it were the Lamb of the Dance or something... and even got some prairie dogs (six of them) to move to the beat. If you ask me, all i could think of when I saw the prairie dogs was that game at the arcade where ya bash the heads down and later collect tickets. Trust me. I felt like doing so. Back to the lamb. The lamb gets sheared, feels all is lost. Then this jackalope comes out of nowhere, starts bouncing around, lifts up the lamb's spirits...all the while, I'm thinking, this shit is prolly better under some form of influence, even alcohol....
and so the jackelope convinces the lamb that being sheared is ok. After this, the lamb starts bounding around and eventually grows his wool back... and even assumes a position (that would make some backwoods people smile) so that it could get sheared, and then they all dance off the screen happily ever after. Again, I ask, WHAT THE FUCK was THAT shit for?

But again...the Incredibles... it was a good animated movie. Pink Tiger, Pepe, Big Ern, Jake, and I saw it, and laughed through a good part of it. Oh yeah... and for the record, Elastic Girl has a nice ass. grrRRrrrr.

That's the day in review. Another one for the history books, and it was a good one.
:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way did being under the influence make that shithole lamb film better. you guys had to remind me there were kids in the audience, remember?

8:22 AM  
Blogger cedia said...

Yup. Gotta see that, the train animation movie and spongebob coming out soon!

9:47 PM  
Blogger cedia said...

I went and saw SpongeBob. It's a crackup!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home