11.14.2004

Better to have loved and lost

2004
I've been alive a little over 28 years. The latter half of these 28 years, I've opened my heart to life, to lust, to love... An old confidante said that at some point in time, I'd always liked or lusted after someone. Heh. Can't necessarily deny that. Some I stay in contact with, and some, I have no idea how they are. Some are married with kids now, some... no idea. I'll be honest. I've always been surrounded by a lot of female friends, and have a few as my close or best friends. I've never really had the privilege of having a significant other. Always been from the outside looking in, but it's made me a better listener, I guess. Being wingman's gotten to be second-nature if needed, but after awhile, you get used to it.

Sometimes, I wonder if it was by chance, by choice, by fate... but even if nothing ever worked out, it was a learning experience. I know better what I want, what I need, what I'm looking for... and, as the movie's namesake said, what women want. Well, in general. No one woman's ever alike. :)

But the few that I have gotten to know and shared some moments with, I wouldn't trade them away. Better to have loved and lost than to never have at all.

Here's to tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Bum, yours is waiting for you. Just not time yet. It's great to know that you have best friends as company while you wait for "the one".

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BuM (guess who!), last night you reminded me of a lot of things. One of those was that someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, you're going to make someone the happiest woman on earth. Your lady is out there somewhere, just keep the faith, you'll find her.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Hey Ced, I'm not as worried now as I was then. Then it was like, shit, before I hit 25...then it was before I hit 30. Now... eh. Fuck it. :) I'm good for anything.

Hey Ms. Anonymous. :) It's been 8 yrs??? I'm not doubting it, and yeah, the convo last night was pretty nice. Still crafty after all these years.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home