11.16.2004

on Bob Hope:

Posted by Hello

Bob Hope is one of my most dear ones. I think it's mainly because of the type of person that Bob was in real life. Most celebrities, you kept an eye on because of what they did on film. Bob Hope was great both on and off-screen. He's sometimes more well known for being there for our troops... a fact that Congress did not forget.

When I was growing up, during the summer, when I sat at home watching tv, they would show the old movie classics, and I would watch him in some of his Road to... movies, Cassanova's Big Night, and The Princess and the Pirate (Yeah, at a young age, I already thought pirates were cool).

I sent an email to his assistant, and she directed me where to direct my letter. Well, during that time, he was in the hospital, and so she sent me an email saying that he was not able to respond right away, but would do so when he had been ok and out of the hospital. I thanked her and said, I just hope he got better.

Well, he did, and then one day, I got this.

Trivia:
At 69 years, his marriage to Dolores Hope holds the record for the longest Hollywood marriage.

2 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Cool. He's dead right? Worth more now then huh?

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he past away in July 2003.
I dunno if you can quantify the worth.

To a dealer, once authenticated, it would be worth a good deal, but not as much since it's a personalized "To--- " autograph.

To the collector... priceless. :)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home