11.21.2004

Are You A Toys R Us Kid? a mallrat? a shop-a-holic?

Posted by Hello


i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys r us kid.
there are lots of toys at toys r us that i can play with.
from bikes to trains to video games, it's the biggest toy store there is.

so i don't wanna grow up cuz maybe if i did, i wouldn't be a toys r us kid!

I'm now 28. I'm still a toys r us kid.
Some might say that's cool, so am I.
Some might say, Dude, that's lame.
But from my perspective, my mind's still young, and I'm a toys r us kid.

Went there today. They got in the new set of McFarlane Football players, so I picked a few up.
There were lots of new folks working there today, most likely cuz of the holiday season starting up. None of the regulars were there that I could see, at least. Anyway, he asked if they were for my son. Heh, no... these are for me. I'm maybe years or so away from even that idea, I'm guessing. Unless my pimpstresses or I change that, at least. Oh, and the Las Vegas Elvis is also out.

Yesterday, I did some errands with my mom, picked up a few things at Garden Ridge, and also had lunch at McDonalds. McRib's back. Somehow, the Fall season can't pass without us stopping by Mickey D's for that damned McRib. Heh.

Most of yesterday was spent at the Marshall's Megastore though.
I'd picked up some pretty cool brown dress shoes. Well, they're dress shoes, but they're more of everyday shoes for me. Also picked up 3 ties, some handkerchiefs with 'B' embroidered (damn, and to think I HATED being a preppy-type in HS), a pretty cool dark brown sueded shirt, and a nice beige corduroy light jacket/button up shirt thingie.

Ok. so plain and simple...i'm a mallrat and a shop-a-holic. And I like it that way. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

So I'm not getting this post.. is it just me?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Bum said...

No, it's not you. Well, ok, so it is. You're just too quick. :) When I upload a pic, i tend to upload it, then spend a good so many minutes typing up a lil short blurb on why i posted it to begin with. :) I had just hit 'Publish' when ya left this comment. :)

look at the post again :)

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its' me cede. commenting from work so didn't want to login. You know how that goes.

Anyhoo, I Love shopping! Even better when I have money! This weekend I shopped and shopped. I finally bought a new pair of boots (pointed). I'll have to post up another picture of my shoes and jeans. :)

I can't resist buying barbies and marvel/other comic figurines.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Ced, I think you're my long lost twin. In California.
We gotta share collection stories sometime.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home