10.09.2004

You have a thick accent when...

Yesterday, after doing a quick-turnaround for Mr. Viper himself, (I have no other nickname for him since he's not with the beerling crowd), I was going to return back to my office when I had asked one of the folks in Shipping and Receiving for a lighter.

"Howdy, y'all got uh lah'ter?"
"A what?"
"uh lah'ter."
"Sorry, we don't have any."
"Ok, eh'ny matches, by chance?"
"Wait, did you say 'ligh-ter'?"
"Yessir, uh lah'ter."
"Ooooooh, I thought ya said 'ladder'. Sure I got a lighter."
"No'sir, uh lah'ter"

Went to Wal-mart, got the onions and otehr stuff I needed to get,...and also picked up one of those McFarlane Sports figures for NASCAR, and picked up Richard Petty. I guess this means pretty soon, I'll be getting Dale and Jr. Damn, I am a southerner. Well, that's another item to remove from the mission list.

Anyway, back to packing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bum said...

Some are. Some aren't.
Some are the designated drinkers,
some are the social drinkers,
and some... hmm. No idea.

Mixed group, really, but always fun.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home