10.03.2004

The funniest thing...(i.e. The Train Encounter)

Posted by Hello

I got to the airport, did a little souvenir shopping, and then made my way to the train ticket counter. I'd asked for a round-trip ticket to Biel-Bienne, to which the nice person said, By the way, the train leaves in 5 minutes. Granted, I've never taken a train in Europe... the tube in London, yes. The subway in Paris, yes. But a train...no. I was already a bit off with time and all, so I made a dash down some stairs to one of the train terminals... for a train leaving in 5 minutes...there's no train. ACK, it's the terminal ONE over! so, I haul ass up the stairs, around the corner, and down another set of stairs, PRAYING it was the right one. The young lady in the middle of the pic was the first face (a cute one at that) that I see, and I ask if it was the train to Biel.

She helps me...and the folks were friendly on the train that eventually, the gentleman on the left said, yes, this is the right train, you'll need to make a transfer at the next stop. So, after the 'excitement', we smile and chat as the door closes... on the young lady's heel on her high heel shoes. It was sticking out enough that it got caught by the door, so she slipped out of one shoe til the next station. I told her that since I was the klutz, I offered to buy her a new pair of shoes. (Yeah, I'm for real). When we got to the next station, we checked out her shoe, and it was ok. I still offered to get her a new pair, and she said that it was ok. Being a memorable experience, I had asked for a picture with the two of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

You're too nice!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home