9.22.2004

The Ivan Tour / Changing My Ways

Apparently, Ivan, who was a bad a$$ hurricane, hit Alabama, went through the southeastern states, and somehow decided to round Florida...is now knocking on our backyard, and coming straight for us. Oh sure, the Ivan Tour went through the southern states without making a guest appearance in Texas, so its tropical storm agent said, hey, let's book one for the Lone Star State... Anywayz, it should make landfall around the area tomorrow night. Damnit. Allison sucked cuz it lingered, and it looks like Ivan will too. Bloody Russian storm.

Today's work was... blah. Not blah in the oh shit, lots to do, but more of a lame duck blah. I've pawned off a lot of my stuff already, that right now, I'm just trying to keep busy without taking on anything that is pretty exhaustive. Don't get me wrong, I LIVE for the exhaustive projects. Whether it's year-longs, months-longs, to quick turnarounds... right now, I'm actually enjoying the lull. I can't wait for November though. Time to get it started again. Tomorrow will be a moderately busy day, so I'll be a happy camper.

I'm out of shape. I also do not have a currently healthy sleep pattern. My Circadian Rhythm is... not rhythmic at all. I also have some bad habits which, after today's moment of Jeez, this never happened before, I am swearing off a lot of my bad habits and gonna be good again. Basically, Romancer plays soccer. I -used- to play. I still have the legs for it, but just not in the same shape as I used to be. Big Ern and I go out every now and then to join the Romancer. Yeah, we're both out of shape, but today, it hit me that I need to behave and get healthier (Did I mention I'd been laying off the caffeinated drinks...except at BW3s).

Mind you, I will still maintain the habits that'll send me to hell (on my daily visits, that is), but i'll be a healthier mofo when I do go on my visits. I also didn't join the bandwagon and get the Star Wars trilogy. Granted, I already got a copy of it from my Uncle... anyways, I did pick up the game. I'm so tempted to play it, but if I do, I'd probably stay up til 3 or 4am and realize, oh crap. One more month, I turn 28. Then i'll be a 20 yr old in a 28 yr old's body. Yay. :/ Heh, but I'm smiling. Right here, right now, I am smiling and not in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Damn Ivan. Stay safe.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home