9.18.2004

Saturday in September

Not much really happened today. I slept in, even though Romancer called and wanted fans out for his soccer game (basically, me and Big Ern. Sunflo had to work). Hmm. Watch a soccer game ("with girls playing too" - Romancer)...or sleep in... Considering after this coming week, I will not be on a normal sleep schedule, I'd better make some deposits to the sleep bank. So I continued sleeping, then later, I went and picked up my sunglasses. Basically, the old Oakley's had been broken, and so it's been a good couple of months since I'd gone with dark shades. I finally got them back. Granted, I normally wear dark black shades....that the coworkers say make me look like a hitman... PC somehow got me brown ones...and instead of a silver Oakley logo... they're gold. I only wear black. This cannot be. But, with the new hair... these new dark brown shades with the bling-bling logo.... it all comes together. as I say Awwww yeah. Don't laugh too hard, I actually said that in the shop.

After picking up my sunglasses, visited Grandma for awhile before taking her and a few other relatives to this church she goes to a Bible sudy for. The church isn't in the BEST part of that town, but it's a church. It was very well-kept, and simple, instead of the grandiose churches elsewhere. The choir consisted of two sisters, and their pianist accompaniment. They sounded so wonderful and so different from the folksy/guitar+piano+drums, etc choirs from the churches I have been going to. And they had some soul...very calming. The sermon was nice, and after the mass, they offered individual blessings with an annointing of holy oil. I've only had a religious experience a few other times in my life, but maybe I've just had so much in my head and I've been holding a lot of my stuff inside,... I'd never gotten teary in church before, but today, I couldn't explain it. I walked back to the pew, knelt, stared forward at the cross, and just... got teary. And all I could think of saying was I'm sorry for anything wrong that i've done, including not praying as much.

I don't know. But I feel a bit better.

2 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

you are one sillie dog! for some reason, i can envision you putting on your shades and saying "awwww yeah". i love it!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Heh heh. It was even funnier, speaking of "Awww yeah", when it came to watching my friend Amy's son Kris play little league baseball. His teammates would just cheer "go [name here], go [name here]!"... so I said, Ok... You guys need to learn another one. Their team is called Storm. So i said, "You can either yell out 'Hey Storm, are you ready? Awww yeah! Hey Storm, are you ready? Awww yeah! Hey Storm are you ready? Awww yeah! Well, Storm, GET ON DOWN!", which is followed by what the audience used to do during the Arsenio Hall show. Storm could be interchanged with the player's name too. They loved it. What's it got to do with Aww yeah? Well, when we did this in High School, we said hell Yeah. Hrm, I doubt parents want their 11/12 yr olds saying Hell Yeah, so it got modified to Aww yeah.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home