9.24.2004

Jammin'

Posted by Hello

All day, I wondered if Ivan would show his self here on our shores. Instead, we had some nice skies, a nice breeze here and then, but nothing that hinted of a storm. No, it went off to Beaumont, TX, several hundred miles east. And now, looking at weather.com's storm track, it's basically making a turn around Galveston Bay and heading back east slowly into Houston's area. Frickin' pussy of a storm. It's past 2am, and it still hasn't rained down here, but if the projected path is right, it'll be over here around Friday night, to Saturday. Damn pussy of a storm. Heh.

Got the stuff at work done that I wanted to. Documents typed and reviewed, mini-tasks completed and ready to submit. And then it was the end of the day before I knew it. Several meetings laid in between, but the ones today weren't bad at all. Fizzle Dizzle, one of Big Ern's officemates, has a nice glass vase at her desk, which I have adopted at my current piece of entertainment. Apparently, with the help of the vase, and my impersonations, i sound just like Darth Vader. It's really amusing, you have to trust me on this one. Even Pepe said I sounded just like the Dark Lord of the shizzle. Oh wait. Dark lord of the SITH, not Sh!#... Anyway, after work, I was SUPPOSED to go to walmart, but instead, stopped by BW3s and caught up with Pepe and Big Ern. Yeah, they'd started before me, but I followed on my own with a crown and coke (with cheery cherries from Megs), and followed that up with a single of the Rattlesnake (You remember... kahlua, bailey's and rumpleminze). Appararently, Pepe wanted to get me funny ha-ha, so he got me a double of the shot. Downed that quickly. Big Ern said, make it another, so I downed that too. Yeah, I was coherent and smiling, but I didn't want to make an extra idiot of myself, so... that and the hot/spicy wings Pepe got didn't faze me any. But now I had the munchies, so... Burger and Coke was the next thing ordered. Not too bad. But i think I like shots more than several pints of Shiner. I am such a heathen. For now.

Oh yeah. Megs has names for a few of us. big Ern is 'Babydoll'. Feeling jealous, Pepe is now 'Sweetheart'. Me? Can't remember how, but now, I am Megs' Sexy Bitch. Heh. Doesn't have a ring to it, but it grows on you. Pink Tiger came on through, and so did Romancer with Sunflo. It was a nice night. Then I still went to Walmart at like...10pm.

After getting the stuff I needed to get, while at checkout, I remembered they sold those instruments at the front of the store, so I finally said Screw It and picked up the lap harp from First Act. Got home, organized a few things, etc etc, and then checked out the harp. Hrm. It's out of tune. So after tinkering, it's somewhat tuned and sounds pretty nifty. A new distraction. Heh heh. If all else, I'll learn how to play Row Row Row Your Boat on the damn harp. :) Ok. 2:30. Gonna call it a night cuz tomorrow's an early day. Ninight.

1 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Good news about Ivan huh? You can sleep comfortable tonight. However, be on a lookout.

First Act. Hmmm... I've always wanted to learn guitar. My goal: play Metallica's Unforgiven.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home