2.20.2006

driving in front of the building

every morning at work, when i drive in front of the building, i look up to the American flag.

granted, this was drilled in my head when i was a kid, but the fact that i let it stay with me means i've accepted it as my own and not some mindscrambled jibberish... i still pledge my allegiance to the flag as i did when i was younger.

growing up in class, we used to stand up, put a hand over our chest, and recite:

I pledge my allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands
One Nation under God
with Liberty and Justice
for All.

driving by, i see the flag, and inside my head, i say those words.

i wonder if anyone does this when they pass by the flag
am i alone? or are there others who do this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

Yeps! I sort of do the same sometimes. I guess that was for me anyways a bit of brainwashing! heee... I alos remember the earthquake drills. Those were great, got to get out and bla bla with the friends.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home