2.16.2006

An email at 2:30am

I'm about to go to sleep.
How messed up am i?

Just as much as I stay awake wondering if my dreamgirl will say hi, i...checked work email. WTF is wrong with me? anyway, i check it, and inbox actually had three new messages. One told me of a pre-sale for a collectible... cool, but not as interested. Another was a slight work-related one talking about launch schedules. And finally, the third one which is cool, is a quote for the day from a friend. Yeah, she sends me quotes for the day, and i usually end up liking them. anyway, i'm gonna go to sleep now.

My response?

Awesome! :)
Nice way to end the day...at nearly 3am :)

I like Garden State a lot, esp. the soundtrack... so like, yeah... here're a few of the ones i liked. if all else, it's been a year and a half snce i saw it... august 23, 2004... funny how memory works like that, i can tell you all i did that day... went to river oaks, watched Garden State, went to a music store, went to a bookstore...actually, two of them... ate lunch at Freebirds and stared at the ice cream place next door, then went to IKEA. somewhere in between one of these, finally saw the waterwall near the Galleria. the hopeless in me i guess, always wanted to go see it... so yeah, after IKEA, went to Kemah, sat at Starbucks with my friend and chatted. totally random, and sorry had to drag ya down that memory lane... but the point is, aside from no point really at 2:30am, is that during that chat at Starbucks, these were the quotes we talked about the most cuz we, friend and i, agreed they applied to me or i could relate or that they just stuck out. :) and yeah, i tend to ramble on... sorry.

"You're in it right now, aren't you?"
"What?"
"My mom always says that, when she can see I'm like working something out in my head, she's like, 'you're in it right now' and I'm looking at you're telling this story, and you're definitely in it."

"I'm okay with being unimpressive. I sleep better."


"If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like."

"That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."

"This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing."

Thanks again for the quote :)
-Bum

3 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

That was a great quote!

I watched Garden State a few weeks ago for the first time in its entirety... It was good and wierd and it made me cry more then once... Really good!

Still crossing my fingers for the cute girl to send you a 'HI!'

Jazz, eh, wow! and Spanish guitar, never heard of that before. I'm in the present involve with jpop, cpop and kpop which yeah don't understand but love it anyways...

Keep the updates on the cute girl and your bumpod! :)

16days and you have that much, dang! I have had mine for a yr and it has about 3482 to be exact...

Impressing!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so my wink "doesnt really count", huh...thanks...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Dear Anon.,
if yer Cindy, she'd have posted her name, and that's who i was referring to as my wink.

that, and i am counting solely since i reset the account.

i lost count before i reset and never took count, really.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home