2.15.2006

The Half Day

Some time ago, maybe a week or two before, I'd actually requested for a day off on this Wednesday. Fair enough. My cool manager approved it, and I was looking forward to it. Sent out a message saying, hey, I'm out, best wishes, see y'all Thursday...

Fuck you, Murphy of Murphy's Law. Ha ha. Struck again. Curses! Late Tuesday, some things came up and so I had to show up at a building in the morning. Luckily I showed up cuz I actually did catch a few things. All taken cared of. All this done by 11:30. I leave. I get home. I get....paged. Ok, so I respond to the page and it's a 30-minute conversation. Ok, then what? Luckily, I didn't get any more pages after that. Ran my errands and what-not, went to the mall and walked around for a bit. Got home, decided to check work email. Glutton for pain? check. Masochist? check. so, for the next hour after getting home, I answered several work email, checked in with Hailz, did a couple of evals, etc etc. so, 4.5 hours in for a day off.

Happy hump day. :)

But on the other hand, at least it might end up that I won't even have to burn an hour of vacation since i had extra hours from last week, and had some this week too... ah, it works out in the end. The only thing that did suck is that there was a meeting to dicuss increases and promotions... i'll have to wait to find out my own personal verdict. Will there be much rejoicing in the land of the Republic of Bum? or will there be a day of mourning... ha ha, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home