1.23.2006

Just another manic monday

sleep. sleep is always good. Such a precious commodity, this sleep.

it was happily being imported to the Republic of Bum when shipment was stopped abruptly this morning. The supply run will have to wait until the next available shipment, tonight. And unless otherwise mentioned, it's a fairly daily event, this import of sleep. Sometimes, there are passengers called dreams, such as the case last night.

Last night, I had this nice dream. i was with my dreamgirl... who to this point is still nameless. still out there. but in the dream, we would walk along the water, on grass and this boardwalk of sorts. sky was blue, and it was a nice dream. ah... well.

today, as with any day, i hit the ground running. go in the shower, drove to work, mundane stuff for a monday, really. but got to work, said hey to Smiley, and went on with checking work mail and just getting my bearings...making a plan of attack. I had to share with some friends the fact of the new potential dreamgirl, and Mikey said, possibly, but who knows. Hmm. :) Tomorrow will be fun, for sure. But, for now, what happened today was the usual drawing and paperwork review, status meetings to attend, leads meeting to go to, and project budgets to look over. And yes, the dreaded self-evaluation.

Granted, more than half my group has never filled one of these out, let alone know what to put down. My advice was simple. Make it so that it seems you can walk on water. No. Forget that. Make it seem that you created water. With that in mind, I had to do my own. Hmm. It's not always easy to do these things because where do you go from being objective and say this is why i kick ass, to just being cocky and say, booyah!? all the same, these activities are always fun.

Erin was having a day, it seems, and so before leaving for the day, i left her a small note. Basically, smile! :) with the obligatory smiley face. No idea why i'm fond of these smiley faces, but i just am. all the same, she let me know she got my note and it helped brighten her day. My day is complete.

But wait, there's more. Got home, then drove to the airport and picked Mom up. Helped unpack and put things in their place. I got my orders in, so i'll hopefully be able to make some deliveries tomorrow. other than that, just ate dinner and now entering stuff on the b-log. Cindy somehow called it an early night. Hmm. Tomorrow will be a fun day cuz we have some plot-and-scheme, shock-and-awe plans laid out.

Tonight, before I sleep, I have to read for my class tomorrow. I already started and read 4 out of 30 pages from the book, and i also have 5 pages to read from the included CD. Hmm. Not too shabby since from what I've read so far, it's an interesting read. Maybe because deep down, i actually do like the subject matter.

other than that, not much else is new, except that I had sent a note to Crissa, and she replied to me today. Crissa's from my old college, and she was always cute. Hmm...always wore a grey sweatshirt and all too. I've got to reply to her tonight too. All in all, it's been a nice day and a nice night. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice use of colors there bum...today will be fun. i can live vicariously through YOU now...or, just tag along in the background. :P

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home