1.21.2006

May feeling

For some reason, I am sitting here on a lazy Saturday afternoon waiting for my chicken soup to get done. I am looking through my myspace and immersing myself in talent that is out there...listening to their words, their music, their raw power.

I read a post in Rachael Yamagata's blog on myspace and it made me think... and they transformed from words on a screen to someone's living words to me actually hearing it from the screen in my own mind. As I read, it was as if some of the words were actually talking to me and i eagerly soaked in these words.

And as I sit here typing listening to her music, i close my eyes and see what I would associate with a happy feeling, dancing carefree on a hill. We were standing at Mike H's desk on Thursday, and his screensaver was one of those default Windows XP backgrounds with a lush green field and hill with purple mountains in the background, and then, I said, Can you both see me? Can you see me standing there? I am there right now, arms outs running up and down like an airplane flying, getting a sled and gonna go down that hill and i am having fun.

right now, as i sit here, listening to this music, i have this feeling of May, that nice weather, on some unknown field of really green and beautiful, and i am dancing carefree and whether or not people can see i do not know nor care, but if they are there i want them to join me.

que quieres en la vida, she asked?
he responded, to be free.
simple, she whispered back as he shook his head, knowin full well it was never quite that simple...

indeed, i love that line, i love that scene, but just now, i gained an even bigger appreciation of it. free is not just freedom, an intangible right and ownership, but this state of mind. i don't know how long this free will last, but for now, i am not questioning it like a guest in my house. stay as long as you like. i'm dancing in my head and everything is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home