1.24.2006

Feliz Cumpleanos Pepe

Jan 24, the day in review.

Went to sleep early last night. Early is relative, and to me, before 2am is early. Woke up from a nice dream, decided to dress up a little decent instead of just a t-shirt and jeans. Got to work, basically can't remember how it started. Paid Maury for the candy... I swear. Maury sucks as a dealer. He does NOT understand the idea behind "First One is Always Free". Granted it's for his son's band fundraiser, candy is a drug, and his entire staff are junkies. First one is ALWAYS free!

But he is a good dealer to his chocolate junkies. He will bring some more tomorrow...so he said. Note to tourists: DO NOT FEED OR SHOW CHOCOLATE TO ENGINEERS. WE WILL ATTACK YOU FOR CHOCOLATE!

Reviewed some more evals., had a few tag-up meetings with the team, same old, same old. To be honest? I really do love my job. I love the people I work with a bit more. But for a brief few today, the sudden heated thought of "FUCK YOU ALL, I VOLUNTEER TO QUIT BECAUSE I HAVE HAD IT!" flashed through my mind.
Again, I say, I like what I do, but sometimes... sometimes, I can only take so much pessimism. It's like trying to bring an optimist down. uncool. I can only take so much snide comments. I can only take so much complaining and excuses, and not of the petty nature. I can understand missing a deadline because things DO happen beyond our control. I can understand when some people are difficult. But for everything else, I mean, really, when it's part of the process that we all have to abide by, common sense and logic or not (i.e. idiocy), please quit complaining. This is what we are paid to do, whether we like it or not, and I happen to like it more often than not. Nothing at work in the last year and a half has brought me down from a natural high other than hearing "Got a minute?" followed by "I just don't get how work can ever get done in this place with all of these things people keep throwing at you, and then you have more to put up with...". A joking complaint here and there, hey, no problem. We all do so. But when it's a constant deal I have to listen to, please... you are 2 seconds away from me showing flair, and not in a joking friendly manner. and quit fucking using the excuse of 'not ever done this before',' still new at this', etc., etc. Fuck, I have two fresh outs who i am DAMN well proud of who get shit done. Time and again, they, along with one more can say "I'm Shaft, who delivers 10 times out of 10?". Yes. they get 'er done. Your turn.

yes, that required feeding the ducks. Sorry, Cin. Woulda invited, but ha ha. It was impromptu and unexpected like a volcano waiting to happen. There were the usual mallards and the female ducks, but even cooler were the bluebirds. Yep, bluebirds came down on a mission and got some food too. The squirrels were around, and Hails also pointed out a woodpecker. Fed the birds, walked on back afterwards, had a few more lil status meetings and finished up two drawings, and then went to school.

Left work to go to class. Luckily, the prof. didn't do a quiz. Yeah, it's only the second night of class, but I didn't get to finish reading for the class. Not that it was boring reading, cuz I am interested. It's just that there was little time this weekend. I'll be sure to read up this week. An old family friend, Michelle, is in the class too. She just got added on today, so that's pretty cool. She's like a little sister to me. The bookstore closes at 7pm, and the prof. didn't let us out on break until 6:45-6:50pm. Last Tuesday when I was buying books, the bookstore told me Art class did NOT need a book. Thursday, I get to class, and there IS a textbook. fuck. So... today, first chance at the break, I run to the bookstore. I swear, 6:fucking55, they're closing the door, literally walking briskly away and saying in a not-so-customer-service way of "We're closed, we're closed". For those who understand this... imagine "sky is falling/EPO". Yes. but I noticed there were still some people in the bookstore. So I tap on the door and wave hi. "WE'RE CLOSED!" But you don't understand... "WE'RE CLOSED AND WILL OPEN AGAIN AT 8:30AM!" All caps? Yes, maybe cuz they thought they needed to yell cuz mabe I could not hear.

Um... let's see. you have weird store hours. Some days you're open til 7, other days, you're open til 5. I work Monday to Friday. Thursday class is on the OTHER side of town. Work gets really busy really quick. How busy? I EAT COLD FRENCH FRIES, YOU FUCKERS! I'VE NEVER EATEN WARM FRIES AT WORK! But wait...there's more. YOU STUPID FUCKS TOLD ME "Art 1301 doesn't have a book." Are you sure? "yes" It's 6:fuckin55, NOT 7pm. Open the fucking door, take my money, and give me my book cuz i need to read 40+ pages BY Thursday. Jesus fuck, and people ask why some people lose good manners and not be nice to others? It's cuz they pull this customer-service shit. It's not like I'm there to fucking window-shop, or buy candy. I. NEED. A. BOOK. The book YOU told me I didn't need. The book YOU told me the class didn't even have. hey Bookstore? FUCK YOU!

Class went a little quicker. Thank god for cute girls in class...and a subject that's pretty interesting enough. Class got out earlier, and so I drove back up and met up with Pepe, Mike, Skip, Player, Amber, Jess and a few others. After that, headed over to Pepe's to hang out for a bit. Ha ha. After two years or so, I -finally- met Janet. Inevitable, Pepe, inevitable. No stopping what can't be stopped.

Janet is really cute, but so cute in fact, that, I'm too much a loser to say hi to her. I dunno. Just the vibes, I reckon, in the sense that, ha ha, no chance in hell for me, even if she wasn't Pepe's sister. Like, eme thinking she deserves better if I were to ever even think of trying. Ah well. *snickers* On the way out, she said I should come by again. heh. Pepe will kill me for this. But, it was a priceless moment.

Got home, checked work email... yes, sad, I know, and reviewed another eval. It's almost time to call it a night. Well, ok, so right now it's almost 1am, but still. Chatted with Cindy for a few before she headed off to sleep. Ha ha. Never tell me you're hungry because i WILL recommend that you eat. Poor Cin hasn't caught on to this yet, so she does go off to get something to snack on, but in doing so, called me the Devil. Ha ha. So I told her, Fine, I'm the Devil, and you're my Cin.

Ok, time to call it a day. Granted I vented on two things, it was a pretty nice day. Tomorrow is Hump Day, and I'm making it my bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home