11.26.2005

Thanksgiving

Ok. So.
Here's the story.

Dad was home with granddad. Granddad passed away. Mom goes to the Phils. to join Dad. I'm home alone. *eyebrow* the mayhem I could cause! the parties I could have! Uh huh. Right.

No parties. No mayhem. I vacuumed, I cleaned, I made sure that when they got home, the place was relatively spotless. Oy.

This is probably the first thanksgiving I didn't really celebrate. Didn't I say things weren't normal? I mean, don't get me wrong. I've got some of the best friends I could have ever asked for. KC and Kerry's family, Hailey, Maury, some of the Filipino filies I roll with... shoot, even Jessica said get a ticket and follow them all to DC.

They all invited me for Thanksgiving, and so I was like... Man, if I could have Santa's powers and be at every house? I'd swing it. Can NEVER have too much turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. But, with all the choices... i... stayed at home.

Yeah, I was tempted to go all the way to Katy, or north Houston, but somehow... i dunno.

So, that night, I made some chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and brocoli, and watched War of the Worlds and Star Wars III. I thought for once I'd try to make the 'black friday' shopping day, so I stayed up 4am. come and gone. 5am. got online and chekced out what I could get for cheap. 530, got in the shower to get ready. All. Systems. Are. Go. Bishes!

and then. i'm in the shower. and I think.... i don't need half that shit. sure, memory cards and portable dvd players and video games for $10 sounds way good. But I don't really need memory cards (well, ok, so i do, but still), and how often will i use a portable dvd player? that's what laptops are for anyways. and $10 video games? If I really want a game, i'd have it already. So... I stayed up.

got out of the shower, got dressed, and.... vacuumed around the house. Finished doing receipts. and then watched some tv. and then... went to sleep.

Got a call from Smiley... hah hah. He's so cool. Instead of saying WAKE YOUR ASS UP, DUMBASS, he just said, there's no one here. And like that, lightning synapses tell my head where 'here' is, and i'm like ha ha ha... i'm there.

So... no turkeys. no stuffing. no cranberry sauces. not even.... frickin a.... pumpkin pie. mmMMmm pie...
so, this week? when all of y'all are getting your December-is-almost-here on, i'm gonna have a belated turkey breast (mmmMmmmm breast) and cranberry sauce and stuffing and pumpkin frickin pie.

YEAH!

ha ha... and some McRib in between too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home