11.26.2005

Getting back to normal

I don't usually get rattled.
But I can get off-kilter from my day to day.
Meaning, I hadn't been sleeping normal. Ha ha, considering what I call normal sleep patterns, most college students call it 'cramming for some test'. So, instead of sleeping at 2-2:30am, I'd sleep at 4-ish, wake at 6:30-7ish, and then start the day. Eating, eh... thank goodness for McRibs and whatever I can put together at home. Oddly enough, McRibs are a hit or miss with people. Either you *heart* it when it's available, or you cringe at the idea. Ha ha.

This year, I went to more funerals than usual. Also had a wedding or two, and we've also welcomed several people to the world. Last time it was this active was 1995 when my own world was changed, we had several deaths in the family, and it was just... different. Actually... speaking of which... I picked up my parents from the airport last night, and after getting them settled in, I went to sleep around 2am. Although I woke up at 1030am, went back to sleep and woke up again at 530pm. It poured hard this morning, so I guess that's what woke me up a few times, but yeah... woke at 530pm. Ha ha...
Last time this happened? 1995.

Basically, got home from College Station. I was 19. It was December. Went to sleep that one night, and the phone rang. I picked it up, and it was dark outside. I'm like... "Hello?" It was Mom calling and so I was like, "Hey... um... why are you calling so early? It's still dark outside!" So she says that what do you mean it's early? It's 6pm! And I was like... and why are you at work so early at 6am? It still didn't sink in, until WHAM...
OH SHIT! It's 6 frickin PM! haha

Back to normal. Slowly. Not the same as before, but it's back to something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home