10.09.2004

Renaissance Festival

a.k.a. Renn Faire.

It's October once again in Texas, and that means...it's time to go medieval.
Heh, more ways than one, but in this sense...we're talkin' going back to King Henry the 8th (i am, i am)'s days, where you can eat a big ass turkey leg, and women wore tight laced-up clothing that made you say, ooOooo...giddy-up.

Granted, I probably go once every three or so years, I am not due until 2006. The Romancer had emailed about going this year, and as much as I'd liked to, the schedule this Fall is not so permitting. At most, I will be able to go in November. Maybe Pink Tiger and Big Ern will postpone until then, and then I'd go. But otherwise, I'd prolly sit this year out.

I've never really dressed up for Renn Faire. I mean, I have swords I could bring, but they have steel handles that look like lightsabers (made by United Cutlery). That or I could go as a monk. I mean, a cloak here, some rope belt there...gotta keep the robe from fallin' so the belt's gotta stay on mighty tight, mighty tight. voila... instant costume.

No....oh no, my friends, that would be too... plain. And sane. Therefore, if I ever go in all-out costume...I shall dress up as...

Elvis
Yes. Elvis. Elvis was the king, and this was also the time of kings.
Kings wore those luxurious robes.
Elvis wore flashy jumpsuits with snazzy capes.
Kings wore jewelry.
Elvis wore rings.
Kings wore jeweled crowns.
Elvis wore jeweled sunglasses.
At a wave of their sceptre, kings made the land tremble.
Elvis shook his hips and captivated generations.
Yes, so while everyone else will say "Greetings, your Majesty!", I would reply with a sneer and a hearty "Hunka hunka, uh-huh-huh"...
At the Renaissance Festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home