2.22.2006

whiskey evening

the loser (vs the gambler)

on a warm winter's eve,
on a life bound for nowhere,
i stared myself in the mirror,
i just want to go to sleep

work was work as usual
went to molly's for my supper
got home and got some nagging
and i feel like a creep

i just try to do my hardest
and try with my darndest
but no matter how hard i try
i fall short in the end
my parents are unhappy with me
and somehow i don't blame them
so tonight i'll call an early night
and my pillow as my friend

mom says i'm getting fat
actually, she says, getting fatter
i go out drinking way too much
i'm spiralling downhill

i just make her upset
she says that i disappoint them
keeps asking where they went wrong
and i keep my mouth shut

i just try to do my hardest
and try with my darndest
but no matter how hard i try
i fall short in the end
my parents are unhappy with me
and somehow i don't blame them
so tonight i'll call an early night
and my pillow as my friend


...
hey, less than a week, someone other than myself tells me twice or so i disappoint them.
first saturday, now tonight.
but hey, every morning, i still stare at the mirror and try to fake a smile for 930 to 630.
sooner or later, the caffeine will run out.
coasting at work. i won't pray for a reprieve, just keep coming cuz i have a lot of minutes.
right now, i'm happy being single and alone cuz lord knows, if i disappoint some folks, if i had a significant other, i'd probably disappoint them too.

only thing i look forward to is class. not so much philosophy, but i do sketch in my notes to make the time pass faster... but art class. there i haven't disappointed anyone yet.

dear lord,
i fight sleep often enough, that if i went willingly to sleep tonight...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

OMFG!!! are your parents really that bad... wow! I feel so sorry for you... You seem like you have a good head on your shoulder and you have a good career. what are your parents fuming over! They should be the ones who are so lucky and you shouldn't take it!

That really upsets me I don't even know you and I would go to your house and tell them a thing or two at how your are really great and if they had a son that was a real looser then things would be way different and I would help them rant on him. But you, you seem like a nice guy, a sweetheart and really a hard worker! What do they want from you blood!!!

Dang!!! I am sorry about the rant! It just makes me so angry that parent now a days don't appreciate a good son when they have him in front of them...

:) take care! :)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home