12.24.2005

Under the mistletoe, an angel kissed my cheek

It's Christmas once again. Had a nice time of sleeping in late from last night, and then woke up this morning to help the 'rents wrap a few presents, and then helped prepare some food for tomorrow. Got a haircut... and then delivered some presents to some family friends. After that, got home, ate dinner and we started watching The 40-yr old Virgin (again for me). The rent's were laughing and all, but then we got ready to go to mass. This year, we went to a different church that started at 11pm. pretty cool, nice sermon, long, but still a nice and peaceful message that some of which hit close to home.

I got a text message from one of the most beautiful girls i know, and now... just chilling out waiting for sleep to kick in.

Yesterday was nice too. Worked... got some stuff done...or as much as can be done on what would be a lame-duck of a day. Did my errands during a late lunch, then brought food back to the office. I had sent a little package to the folks at Sideshow Collectibles who'd been so nice to me. Should arrive by Tuesday or so. At the same token, I sang my entry for one of their contests, and they were so pleased and wanted to reserve the right to put it online, that they gave me a 12" Friday the 13th Jason. It finally arrived in the mail today, and with it came extra goodies. What can I say? I can't say enough wonderful praises for them, as I proudly one of their Collect For Life rubber bracelets. I also got a cool Sideshow Collectibles keychain, their holiday card, a DVD#3, and a World of Froud pixie. And another Collect for Life bracelet.

Only one more thing in wait, and that's the Morgul Lord. When it comes in, i'll be sure to take pictures. Actually rearranged some stuff in preparation.

So... Christmas Eve. No snow this year, but it IS a nice 49+ 'F or so outside. I sat in church and just reflected on this past year, and how different it was from last year, not just the weather...and then reflected 10 years ago...and then back to the present. one thing i'd like to give thanks for is for my family. they've been supportive in all i've done and whenever i make plans. for my friends...not just old, but for the new ones. just when you thought you've met all the people you can welcome into your life, of course that's not true. they arrive every day, and while some stay only a little while, some are what we call keepers. It's these keepers that also make my world go 'round. Even though I'm single yet again this time of year, it's the friends i've got (mainly the female ones) that i feel an invisible peck on the cheek under the mistletoe.
:)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISLETOE
*kiss*

anything for you!
Merry Christmas and thanks for making my life a better place to be:)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home