12.13.2005

A moment

"Sometimes, I wonder if I have already met you...
Sometimes, I wonder if I have let you go."

I went to the comic book store today. My spree has pretty much finished itself this week. No... no XBOX 360 or iPod in my near future. No new XBOX games to really hunt down, as I'm finishing up Sniper Elite and will probably get back to Brothers in Arms 2 or Rainbox Six: Lockdown. Funny how these just come across as weird words strung together, and yet gamers would know exactly what they are.

I had a good deal of store credit at the local comic book store, and these guys are just awesome. Whether i'm there just to pass the time and say hi, or to check out what's new, they've always put up with me. Well, after gaining some store credit, each visit to the store would always make me wonder, well, i want quality, not quantity.

Before I go on, and this will give the story away, last Halloween, Sideshow had a really nice contest, and the prizes were a James Bond (Connery) Statue, a Green Goblin (Spiderman) Statue, and a Sauron (Lord of the Rings bad guy) statue. Each retailed for a good chunk of change. Me? No interest in the green goblin. It was a toss-up between Connery and the Sauron. Yeah, I picked the Connery, but it was basically a unanimous decision between all I asked between family, friends, and coworkers. Sauron was the second choice.

The day after I decided on Bond, I visited the comic book store, and as I walked on, i looked and saw a figure...well, big figure in the display case and was like...uh Guys, is THIS Sauron? they're like "you mean the heavy give-you-a-hernia, it's heavy Sauron?" and i'm like.... CRAP! i picked Bond! they gave me quizzical looks, so I explained to them. go figure. they picked the Bond, and then the Sauron. Back to the present. Store credit. So, I put the Sauron on layaway with them using the credit as store credit. Altough I intended to wait til after Christmas, like...January, to finish it off, i figured, no. for my own reasons, went ahead and got it today. Gonna try and put it together shortly.

As I was putting the box in the back of the truck, i thought to myself... I don't have a significant other. But I have my collectibles. I drive on to Best Buy to get two new movies, The 40-yr old virgin, and Valiant. As I walk in, I say to myself, ya know... i guess this is ok. so yeah, tomorrow, i'll prolly watch this movie that my friends and coworkers have mentioned to me. I wanted to see it while it was n the theater, but with school and all, just never got around to it.

so, i got the movies and went back to work. ya know, this is where i have to say things are happening for a reason, and for the last several years, i've started to learn to accept that i don't know what the future will bring, and that .... i'm not 'there' yet. but if i'm lucky, i'm gonna find a chic who'll be cool with me as a geek and these collectibles and stuff. until then, as i told Jess, this hobby is my girlfriend expensive, yes, but ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home