12.07.2005

Budweiser Talkin

i'd been ok for a while, really. two back to back deaths in the family, potential layoff notices from the company, final exams coming up, been holding up pretty well. so, i figured i'd just post about the day to day.

work's been ok. i've really gotten the hang of delegating and just doing supervisory stuff. well, i can't say i'm used to it still. in the back of my mind, it seems weird that a 20-something (yes guys, i'm STILL a 20-something until next october) is in charge of a few fresh-outs, an older lady, and a 40-something engineer. sometimes, i just hope i'm doing right, but at least i'm trying my best.

schoolwise, in retrospect, i've been in school on and off the last few years, and aside from two classes where I got B's, i'd actually gotten all A's in the rest of them. Why didn't I do this well back when I was getting my bachelor's degree? Hrm, prolly cuz I was the kid in class and just needed to grow up a lil. But yeah... actually doing well in classes, so i'm happy.

as far as lovin', goes... ha ha ha. fuck that shit. 0 for whatever as far as work goes. outside, there was Cath. but Cath is engaged now, and i'm happy for her. KC is also engaged too. fuck, i'm just waiting for Erica and Kerry to just get engaged and get it over with...well... not engaged with each other, mind you, but still. The funniest thing that an old coworker told me was that I had it going for me... i just tell the chic, Hi, I work at NASA (as a project engineer). Yeah, that WOULD work... except... not on a NASA chic. Why? watch...

Me: Hi, I work at NASA
Her: So do I, dumbass.

ha ha ha. really. but, never stopped me though. there's Lisa. I've always had a crush on Lisa. she's cute, really wicked smart, and she's just got that girl-next-door look to her that...









yeah. Lisa. but, she's way up there and i dunno. there was bad megan. ha ha ha. Big Ern and Pink Tiger were fun during that time. there was Christy, but, heh, wouldn't ya know it, she already had a flip of her own... and honestly, -he- could kick my ass. i could run, ha ha, but dude... he'd kick my ass. there was one friend of a friend who we'd see every now and then. actually saw her on a picture thingie online and asked our mutual friend, yo, that her? yep. well, i clicked 'hi'. no bites. eh. ha ha. some others were too young, one was too bitchy in the long run, and then there was waggoner, who keith had tried to introduce me to at one of their houseparties. i did try, but she was more into her coworker. and i'm not Cindy's type. and there's the chic who sits with the flight surgeons that i have YET to say hi to. heh. so that leaves me to today. you, dear reader, just did a frickin time warp through 5 of the last years.

today, after work, went to the comic store to put some more payment on an item i had put aside, and then went to the mall to catch up with Hailz and just run errands there. after awhile, Hailz had to go her own way, and so I went and visited a friend I'd made at Suncoast. While I was there... Lisa was there. aside from yeah, it IS a local world... you just can't miss out on Lisa. she's just really cute.

in this line of thought, it'd be nice if you could just tell a girl she's really pretty and all, have no ulterior sexual motive, but just say, hey, you're attractive or something... and there'd be no bad side-effects. like, you know... sometimes, Nice shoes just MEANS nice shoes, granted they're REALLY nice shoes.

so yeah. Lisa...

as it is. i have my xbox, my figures, my collectibles, and whatever else. it's the budweiser talkin', but i never have to wonder what they think of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home