6.19.2005

Staying in touch

last night, i don't know why, but as always, i couldn't sleep.
so, i just websearched/googled, ebayed, that sort of thing.
and then i started reading a news article about the elections in Iran...
then clicked on the term Ayatollah cuz one of the running hopefuls is an Ayatollah. And then I clicked on Ayatollah Khomeini cuz I remembered seeing him on TV and one of the old Batman series in the comic books. And then I clicked on Mohammed, and then went on to read a little about Islam and about Fatima. Fatima was one of his daughters, and he so loved her, and she loved her father dearly. So, I read more about her and of him, and it was just interesting reading.

I won't ever convert, if that's what you're probably wondering.
But it's just so different reading more about our differences.

well, dug. that's why they're different, right?
but really, it adds interest and like i said before, maybe there's hope.

Islam had always been around, they say, but that Mohammed brought it out after his visions with the angel Gabriel. Gabriel made him recite some verses that are now the Quran, and there's some common ground. I read somewhere where they also believe in a final judgement day and await a Mahdi, and gave a description of this Mahdi. Jesus, to them, was also to come along side the Mahdi and fight an evil or a false one. Etc etc. Just interesting.

I'd like to read more about Judaism as well. I guess it's because I see the other two religions as cousins to my religion, and that within the faiths, there is some common ground.
it's like staying in touch with your relatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home