6.16.2005

Cambodian justice

I don't know much about the judicial system of Cambodia.
I'll probably never look it up in a book or google it either.

But one thing's for sure. They need to make sure that the four people who decided to take control of a school for the purpose of taking money shall be made a warning to others who would even dare try to pull something off like that.

For those not in the know, the four attackers took a teacher with about 30 or so nursery-aged schoolchildren to one of the rooms in the 2-building school. They wanted $30,000 US and a vehicle, which was provided. They also wanted weapons, but were not furnished. Their reason for the school? Lots of foreigners go there, so they figured the parents would be rich.

My grief? One of the children was crying. A lot. I mean, come on. You're a toddler. You cry, period. In an excited state, you cry more. Their leader shot and killed the child just to silence the life. The authorities finally captured the four, but after parents also beat the shit out of some of them.

My heart goes out to those kids who'll be traumatized for the rest of their lives. My heart goes out to their parents who worried what would happen next. My heart goes out to the Canadian family who now have much more to deal with. Sure, I have to think of praying for forgiveness for these four. Their socio-economic status is what drove them to such measures... but when you kill a child... I pray that God's vengeance is still very much alive and full of great vengeance and furious anger. No child deserves an early exit. They're God's proof that the world should continue...so I read in a book.

Should beat the shit out of them harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home