12.31.2004

Late out the Gate

Ok, so today was my holiday.
I thought I would wake up, get some errands done, go to work for a really quick bit, spend lunch with a coworker or two, and then head up to Katy. That would have meant getting up around 8 or 9am, etc etc.

I was somehow up around 7am, but decided it was my best interest to sleep in. Usually, when I sleep in, I just tack on an extra hour. Hmm. No. My brain said I lacked sleep, which I can't blame... but I woke up at 1pm. So yeah, I got up, took a shower, decided to clean my room up and a little around the house, watched a lil television, ate lunch, then decided to head on out to Katy by around 4:30.

It usually takes about an hour to get from here to Katy, even with construction. For some weird reason, there was some evil traffic every now and then, which, you have to wonder... no accidents, nothing that would or SHOULD cause folks to drive 20 mph slower than the speed limit... and yet they do. So after one of these such traffic anomalies... I get to I-10... and it takes 20 mins to move what I think was about 4 or so miles. The sign update on the road said it was a 30 min point-to-point, but I'm like...maybe that's a typo... nope...wasn't kidding.

Well, I get there, and I see the Darths (no, that's not really their name, it's just a nickname) and Kerry. It'd been a month since I last saw them, especially Kerry, but it seemed longer than that. They knew about my job situation... either from talking with Kerry/KC or reading about it in the newspaper. I told them what options I had and offered a tour of the workplace since surprisingly, they'd never been. Anyway, it was nice to see them again. I dropped off their presents, and then we went out to grab some dinner...or 'lunch' for me, as Darth Father said. Dinner was yum. :) Can never go wrong with fajitas. Darth Ma had asked the current dating status, and I told her no change since we had our talk. Ah...she said she'd see about helping me out. I dunno how, but I wouldn't turn down any help. After dinner, we drove back to the Darths, watched up til halftime of the Texas Tech/Cal game, and then I headed out back home. It was really nice seeing her and them again.

Got home, decided to watch a movie, but couldn't decide between watching Dodgeball again (first time on DVD), Anchorman (but too lazy to get it), so I picked Happy Gilmore. I swear, that movie is still frickin hilarious. And Julie Bowen was a cutie in the movie.

Tomorrow, we have a lot to prepare for, for New Year's. But first, we're going to go to the museum and see the Dead Sea Scrolls still on exhibit, before they move it again. It'll be interesting, to say the very least. Well, tomorrow starts the big countdown til 2005... I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home