12.27.2004

12/27 in the books

Well, ok....not fully yet, but getting there.
Today was back to work day. We're down to a skeletal crew at the moment. But oddly enough, I did get some good work done today. I'm still anxious about the hiring process with the new company. As the day nears when they're supposed to start making job offers, I am getting a bit antsy. Everyone keeps saying they'd be stupid not to hire me, I usually dislike having unknowns beyond my control. So, I'm still crossing my fingers.

Jim and I went to Chick Fil A for lunch, and then stopped by Best Buy next door to see what was up. This is rare since we usually go on Tuesdays when new stuff comes out. yeah, we'll be back tomorrow, but what really made us turn around was the long line of folks there either for gift exchanges or for using their gift certificates and what not.

Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

I checked the mail today. I got a nice shiny autographed picture from Charlie Daniels.
He did Devil Went Down to Georgia among other songs. Way cool.
I'm wondering if I should post some of my other autographs. Hmm. Any comments on that?

Today was pretty cool. Can't complain at all. I still haven't fully recovered from my cold, but at least I'm able to work and move about at 95%.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Please do...I'd love to see them.

Never thought about it before but I do not have a single solitary autograph of anyone famous. I was thisclose to Anne Rice once and didn't get one (which I could kick myself in the ass for).

The only thing I have that's even remotely interesting (as far as singers/stars go) is Ricky Nelsons guitar pick from one of his shows. Still have it too.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

I got a pre-printed autograph in the mail from Anne Rice when I sent her a letter. However, I lucked out. When I went to a local bookstore, they had the hardback version of Servant of the Bones, in First Print. I openedit, and it was autographed by Anne Rice. This and Memnoch the Devil are two of my fave books from her. :)

Well, that's one vote for yes.

1:13 PM  
Blogger cedia said...

While your working... I'll be sleeping... :)
Not really but I'll be home studying. It's so great not to have to think about work! Damn, is it good!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Bum said...

Heh. Meanie. Study well, study hard. you'll do well and make us proud. *wink*

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home