12.29.2004

2 til 2005

today, i brought the cake in to work... and it didn't really last that long.
work was dead again, for the most part since we're still down to the skeletal crew. It's always like that year in, year out. If it's not your immediate coworkers, it's the other folks who aren't there, so what can you really do, right?

But, to our credit, we didn't just goof the day away. We still managed to get some stuff done. I know I got some paperwork out of the way, and briefed one of my folks on where we were on a project.

Today, it was the last day for one of our co-ops. She's basically considered a member of the last class of Lockheed Co-ops since by next time... it would be under the new contract/company. Lunch was decided as Perry's pork chops. Wednesdays, Perry's has 5-finger pork chops as their special. What the fuck is a 5-finger pork chop? Well, you take your hand, flatten it out. See how tall 5-fingers high is? That's how tall their pork chops are. Just imagine, their dinner pork-chops are twice the size. Hope you're hungry.

Both the co-op and the new co-worker hadn't been, so we dragged them along too.
Lunch was fun. We talked about who knows what, as usual... but continued on talking about the Romancer's trip to California. I mentioned godkilling in an earlier post, and it referred to the Romancer's encounter with his woman's relatives and a trip out to In-and-Out Burgers. To me, if you fuckin' go to a place that sells hamburgers,...and is known for its hamburgers... you do NOT go there to get a frickin salad between two pieces of bread. i won't even acknowledge it as a veggie burger. Reason? In Hinduism, the cow is sacred. Holy cow. So while the Romancer was respectful, (which given the long story... he was too kind), he got the 'veggie sandwich' instead of the nice, juicy burger. And here we are...god killers. Someone else at the table mentioned Catholics do it too every weekend, but that hinduism has just gone fast food with godkilling.

Worst comment of all? Apparently, there were lots of cow statues, or whatever they are properly called, dispersed throughout the house. So my smartass self said after this was brought up... So it's like chick-fil-a? Save a Cow, Eat MoR CHIKK'N?

Ahh.... so lunch was interesting. Between sacred cows and strip clubs/gentlemen's clubs in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area... yeah.

The rest of the day... I figured it'd be best to start cleaning my desk area so when I got back next year...heh heh, (lame joke, never gets too old), the desk area will be all cleaned up. Not as much Lockheed-branded paraphernalia left on my desk. I hope the new company will take me on. Yeah, I know, we're all supposed to be shoe-ins... but that's what Lockheed said about this contract too, so...

I got my sword in the mail today. Way awesome. My set is now complete.
Also got another autograph in the mail... Sent from Barcelona. Jose Carreras. Way awesome!

Got home early today (as in, 5:40) (one can only clean one's desk area for so long). Snacked, lied down and caught the latter half of Loser, with Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari (mmMMmm Mena). Then decided to nap. Woke up afterwards to eat dinner and catch some of the news. It's 1am now, pretty much, and I'm wanting to hit the bed. I'm off tomorrow, and aside from errands and meeting a friend for lunch... it's just visiting Katy and seeing Kerry (hopefully) and the Darth parents. Well... that's all in today's summary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm jealous...I have to work today....ugh.

Okay, so what do you do...just mail these people requests for their autographs? Is it that simple? Gotta start writing, I guess....:)

First letter is to Viggo...:)

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home