11.27.2004

Oh yeah...Thanksgiving day events

Let's see...
While Mom and Dad did some errands, I drove to pick up Grandma and my other relatives to bring them over to the house. Just after getting back home, my aunt and her friend Bert arrived with fried turkey. And pie. pumpkin pie. I don't know who brought the chocolate mousse and lemon merangue pies either, but mmMmm...pie.

Three different types of turkey. Honey glazed turkey breast, some other turkey breast, and a whole fried turkey. mmMMmmm... turkey. Oh yeah, and honey-baked ham. which rhymes with pam. and spam. but NOT turkey. (Before you ask WHAT THE FUCK IS BUM TALKIN' ABOUT???, when I was in London in 1992, there was this show called The Big Breakfast and a caller named Pam called. And the one guy on the show said... Pam? Your name is Pam? Hmm. Pam. That rhymes with...ham...and spam.... but NOT turkey. Sad, I remember shit like that). So yeah... turkey and ham. and dressing. mMMmm dressing. and cranberry sauce and gravy and potatoes and candied yams... and ... did I mention pie?

So, after we ate, we looked at some pictures and stuff from our recent trip to Europe. That was followed up by karaoke madness. We didn't get to watch Elf but...it was non-stop karaoke. for hours. no alcohol involved. The shit is catchy, man. See, you sing the song, and after you're done, it gives some sort of score.

My uncle can sing, but he was only getting 85s and 89s. You have me and Bert fuckin' around, and we pulled 100s with him doing Georgia on my Mind, and me doing Elvis and other songs. Next time I go out with Big Ern and Pink Tiger to karaoke, I'm gonna do a rendition of Britney Spear's Hit Me Baby One More Time. Funny shot, man. Sound like Smashmouth, and it sounds all good. or so we thought.

After enough karaoke to satisfy a Japanese sushi bar, my aunt and Bert headed home, while Mom and I drove the relatives back home to the island. Grandma decided to stay the weekend.

So...the next thing was to try out Hitman: Contracts on XBOX. That kept me up til 4:30am Friday... :)

So, that was Thanksgiving 2004 in review. Hit me Baby one more time...with that turkey and pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home