11.25.2004

11/25/04 - First Things First...

My parents. Thank you for putting up with me. Yeah, I know you're stuck with me, but beside that, thank you for all you do for me. Thanks for being there....for always being supportive. For giving me the best birthday ever. For giving me being.

My extended family. Same goes for you all. And the ones who just joined us here early this summer, I hope that this, your first Thanksgiving, is the first of many where we have so much to share and be thankful for.

My unnamed coworkers. I spend more time with you all than anyone else. It is you who see me during my bad days, as well as wonder what the hell I'm doing outside a mental institution on my good days. Surely seeing a 27 yr old skipping down the hallway at work is grounds to make you wonder. But thank you for supporting me when I need it at work, being good with the lab, and just for all around being there. And some of you...for the Entertainment Purposes Only (E.P.O.)

Jess, Mike, and Jose. Each year, I find myself getting out of my shell. If this were a project, you sped up the schedule while still keeping it quality. (No FIARs from Jose, now, though he still says he wants to kill this motherfucker...with a smile. Heh.) Jess, especially for putting up with me this semester. We're gonna deliver that mofo even if it kills me. If I ever had a younger sister (just one), I hope she'd have been as cool and as sweet as you. Mike, for being someone cool and fun to hang out with. At first I thought, aw shit, a laid-back quiet motherfucker...man, I wonder if he actually hangs out with people. Glad I am getting to know y'all all better, and it's never a dull moment, and it never gets old. Jose, I still cannot believe I'm older than you, bish. But you keep me honest. You're fun, and you're patient. But stop calling me Vance, motherfucker. heh. Just kidding. But really, you three... thank you so much for being first and foremost, my friends.

Stacey. You're awesome cuz you actually keep that other team together. Thanks for looking out after me after having 4 consecutive crown and cokes, and ice cream. I'm sure the entertainment was good, but I don't remember a lot of it. Thank you also for getting the Mickey Mouse Hands earlier this year. :)

Megan. You are also an awesome friend. You've taken me to the waterwall. You introduced me to Vienna Teng's music. You went with me when we went to her concert. We always seem to get lost when we go to Houston, but always find our way and have fun doing it. You've got a great listening ear, and I hope you're happy. I'm smiling. And it's always a neat thing when I can find someone who is as electrically...heh... eclectic.

KC and Kerry. The two of you... I don't know what I to do with you, but I know I would definitely be lost without you. Your entire family, (Princess Zoey, Mav, and Dusty included) have opened your arms to me year after year after year. I heartfelt honestly feel like one of the family. Kerry, for staying up past our bedtime, chatting about who knows what, any and everything, and for just being the cute lil redhead I wish I could have, thank you. I say, pimpstress me out, I'll save for that car. KC... you and Colin took me back to College Station. I can't express how that experience was a nice one to build on. I still remember the shots after the game, but I have no frickin' idea what happened between the outskirts of College Station and pulling into Colin's apartment. Thank you for putting up with me when I call at who knew what time, just because I wanted to...and sometimes REALLY needed to talk... The saying goes... A friend will bail you out... a true friend will say, Damn, that was fun. And with you two, Damn, it's always fun!

Cath. You have the magic of putting smiles on my face and for love. You've got that magic touch. I just can't put to words. But you do.

Sue, Marla, Erin. Erin, I swear, you're one of my dreamgirls. For the chats that we have, and the perspectives you show... thank you. I actually look forward to seeing Atheria pop up on my list. Sue, You're still crafty. We don't get to chat as much, but when we do, looking back in time is always fun. You're still a princess. Princess Marla. You said it yourself. "We haven't spoken in a long time... But the ones that are solid... we always pickup where we left off, without missing a beat." I'm so happy for you with your current endeavour, and I have nothing but high hopes and wishes. I'm also glad that even when we do lose touch, when we catch up, it's as if we never miss a beat. But let's try to stay in closer touch, k? :)

My BW3 girls (first good Megan, and now Emily too). There's no other I shall want. You give to me a a lot of Coke with cherries. My cup overflows. With cherries. :) mmMmm... yeah.

Cedia, Rene, HG, Dee. You four ladies, before saying, awww shit, we got mentioned by name, sorta...in the blog... :) Ced, I've got this to throw at you. Thanks for making it feel like I'm not taking up space on this internet thingie and for leaving the awesome comments. I wish others did as often. And for being an Angelina fan. *wink* Rene, I promise I won't ramble on too much. But you're a cutie and have cool short stories. The pink wardrobe was also cool. Dee, you've got a cool perspective on things, and it's fun to read about them. I wonder how you feel about Covent Gardens.... :) HG, you have awesome art and the memoirs you share are amazing. I still stand by my statement that you are very thought and emotion provoking. And for chatting too.

And to everyone else... I didn't leave you out. I am thankful for having the privilege to knowing you, and hopefully being considered your friend. Who I am today, you have also helped shape that. Thank you for being.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I leave you with this, lyrics from an old Carpenters song that I used to sing.

The Carpenters (1971) - Sometimes
Sometimes, not often enough...
We reflect upon the good things.
And those thoughts always center around those we love
And I think about those people who mean so much to me
And for so many years have made me so very happy
And I count the times I have forgotten to say 'thank you'
And just how much I love them.

2 Comments:

Blogger deanne said...

Ohh that Carpenters song makes me sniffle. I'm such a softie.

Covent Garden: Nice, but overpriced and full of tourists -- I'm sure it was way better back in the day when it was just a plain ole gritty London fruit & veg, and arts & craft market.

Thanks for mention Bum!
Air kisses dahlings!
Mwah! Mwah!
x.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Turkey day was fun. Non-alcoholic beverage induced fun at that. Although from the outside looking in, you'd think we did. Lots of karaoke. VERY scary.

I haven't been to Covent Garden in...ohmigosh...10 yrs. I've only been in 1992 and 1994. The trips alone are worth a post. But yeah, I enjoyed doing some open air shopping there. I still use this green NATO jacket I picked up for like... 8 pounds then or so.

Yeah, that Carpenters song is a reflecting song. :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home