11.27.2004

It's a Great Day to Be Alive

ok...last night, or rather, this morning, at 430am, i decided it was finally time to go to sleep. History loves to repeat itself because it's now 410am, and i'm awake entering this cuz i'm still awake. Got home around 3:30am after seeing a few princesses and my home away from home.

So yeah, i woke up late...like...around 11:30ish. i think. well... yeah, but didn't really have it all together til 1:30pm when I was chatting with KC. So, I missed out on the day-after-thanksgiving-sale rush. Eh, fuck it. Sleep costs more and is healthier for me anyways.
So... saw parts of the TX A&M/Texas game, but after a bit, i figured how it would end, and opted to just ...hell, i can't remember what i did. Chatted a lil bit more with KC... then got ready to see Ker and Erica. I know she jokes, but Kerry can kick my ass. Forget the fact that I'd prolly let her, she can be feisty. Which isn't a bad thing. Damn, I'm a masochist.... anyways, so i drove up to see them, but Mother Nature always decides to rain hard on the freeway everytime I go on up there. if to visit anywhere else in that area, sunny. There...rain. Go figure. :)

So I got there, and soon, the motley crew of Ker, Erica, Tim, and I headed over to see Cory Morris. For some reason, I kept wanting to say Clay Morris, but only cuz Kerry and I saw Clay Walker earlier this year at the rodeo. Show didn't start til 11:30pm, so we sat there chatting and listening to music and what-not for 3 and a half hours. The company was great, and ...yeah, I am a photo-slut. I think Tim got a picture of me standing next to 7 different waitresses there.
"Oh, it's his birthday, would you take a picture with him?"
Too classic. I might post them up sooner or later, I guess. But the reason why it was so much fun was because I hadn't seen Kerry in so long. Ditto with Erica. Absence makes the heart grow fonder for me, I know, but yeah, it was really nice to see them. Cory Morris finally got on stage, and it was pretty cool. I didn't realize he sang A Great Day to Be Alive, and found myself singing along to Straight to Hell. After here, we headed on to Midnight Rodeo. They took the mechanical bull away, so, ... yeah, I have to wait another time to ride that bull. The Darths were there, and so were a few other familiar faces. We danced. and danced. and it was hella lotta fun. Ker even got me to two-step.

It was a fun night.
FROM: A Great Day To Be Alive - Cory Morrow

Sometimes its lonely,
Sometimes its only,
Me and the shadows that fill this room,
Sometimes I'm fallin',
Desperately callin',
Howlin' at the mooon .....awhooooo,...

And its a great day to be alive,
I know the suns still shinin when I close my eyes,
Theres some hard times in the neighboorhood ,
But why can't every day be just this good

Also had a chat with the Darth Mother. She prolly won't remember what I said, but yeah. :)
Anyway... it's now 4:25am. A song for an insomniac is playing in my head, sounding very much like a well-known Brooks and Dunn country song, and I find myself singing along. beneath the lights. of a neon moon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is "a song for an insomniac" by? ^-^

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home