11.28.2004

Elf

I just saw Elf for the very first time, and it was a pretty good movie. Will Ferrell did a pretty good job as Buddy, while Zooey Deschanel was pretty lovely. I actually can't wait to see how Curious George will end up with Will as The Man in the Yellow Hat.

The movie had some funny moments, and also had the typical make ya stop and root for the good elf moments. The horsemen did remind me a little bit of the Nazgul riders from Lord of the Rings though.

Will and Zooey also sang "It's Cold Outside", and really sounded really nice too.

It's a recommended movie.

My fave sad moment was where Zooey said, "You Missed" after Will kisses her cheek.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Just saw this movie myself this weekend and thought it was pretty cute too. Will Farrell is crazy in a wonderful crazy kind of way. I'm still trying to figure out if that was really Zooey singing...she's got an awesome voice if it was indeed her.

By the way, thanks for the note about Kenneth Grahames writing. I love what he wrote about animals. It's so true.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Bum said...

Yeah, Zooey's on my current celebrity 'wish list'...where I keep on wishing. Heh. But yeah, I checked and she sang the song BOTH times, once during the bathroom scene with Will Farrell, and once again during the end credits.

9:06 AM  
Blogger cedia said...

Yup. Saw it this weekend too. It was better than I expected.

I thought Zooey had a beautiful voice.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home