10.10.2004

Interstate Love Song of Sorts

The song goes like,

leavin' on a southern train
only yesterday, you lied,
promises of what i seemed to be
only watch the time go by,
all of these things you said to me.

The only reason...or reasons I picked this song for the moment is that everything happened on a Sunday afternoon today, and the song starts out with Waitin' on a Sunday afternoon...and the fact that this song, this album...back in 1994 (yes, June 7, 1994) was one of, and still is, one of my favorite CD/albums. You know, way back when you got a CD and more than one song was good, and you knew the words to most, if not all, of them.

So, before I digress further, back to a decade ago,...
Today, since I went to bed late, I slept in til about 10 something AM. Got my sleepy self up, got my breakfast, then hit the showers before heading on to church. It'd been awhile since I'd been to this particular church. I used to sing in the choir and teach Sunday school there. I usually jump between four different churches in my area...depending more on which I can go to without being late, traffic time included. But I still go.

After church, had to pick up a few things from Wal-mart, but stopped by the outlet center. They had a sale on the Lego Space Shuttle, so I picked one up. Actually just finished putting it together an hour ago. It's dwarfed by the Space Shuttle put out by MegaBloks, but has neat features. I know, I'm such a geek.

Got some other errands done and out of the way... pretty much got what I wanted to do done. One thing that's scary though. Yesterday, went to walmart to get a few things, and picked up a Richard Petty figure. Today, after church, went to walmart to get a few things, and picked up a Dale Earnhardt figure. What's next? I watch NASCAR religiously? Help. Please.

Eh, so nothing exciting today. 2 more days til Vienna Teng. I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home