8.29.2004

You're not hazardous, you're toxic!

Britney Spears invasion
Pink Tiger and I have this thing about Britney Spears. Toxic, it seems, got to both of us in that, Oh DAMNIT, it's stuck in my head again, sort of way. Some songs, ...well, ok, most songs that do that tend to drive most of us crazy. But at least some of them were classics. Somehow, when you're a guy, and you hear the song, AND you've seen the video... ok, so Jess mentioned it happened to her too, but you see AND hear the video in your mind. Just a funny and scary thought.

So yeah, it must have been playing on the radio last night cuz she left me voicemail. Funny how something that simple can make ya smile or even laugh. As for "not being hazardous, you're toxic!", this whole thing just reminded me of being in a principal's office with a friend, both caught passing notes in class or something, the Principal's on the phone and you're waiting to hear what's wrong or something like...'detention', and you and your friend just won't stop and laugh and talk about whatever. Except this wasn't the Principal's office, but us during work. A long week. But it's in the history books. And I'm glad. Not just that it's over with, but that it was a learning lesson in progress.

Beautiful Chic
I had sent an email to Jennifer Hawkins, the current Miss Universe from Australia.
Said hi and all that, and for the fun of it, asked for an autographed picture. Well, normally, I either get one or I don't, but I've never gotten an email saying Hi back, ... by the way, your picture's in the post. Well, again, trivial, but it's just nice how she took the time to send a response via email too.

Summer cleaning and Life Aspirations
JW and I agree. We're both clean nazis. Well, she's more of one than I am cuz she's perma-obsessive neat, which isn't that bad of a thing. I just go in cycles, myself. But when I hit that clean cycle, I don't care if it's 2am, I'm gonna clean around, vacuum, whatever. Is there a way to deactivate that gene? Oh well, the cool thing is, I finally set up my Playboy statues today. Ah... As dear Christy said, You'd make a good dirty old man. If I'm not there yet, I'm getting there.

Waiting on a Sunday Afternoon
for what I read between the lines... Long story short, I really should trust my instincts more. Whatever you call it, that gut feel, that voice in your head, whatever. I keep telling myself to listen to it more, but do I? Eh, only on occasion, but never enough to know better. Well, ok, so I do listen enough, just enough as a defense. Doesn't mean I listen all the way.

Want Pie Now
Every time we have a new coworker or co-op, I've introduced them to Weebl and Bob.
So, now I'm going to share that here. http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/
Ya gotta watch all the episodes. Click on archive.

Ok, gonna go on errands to el Target and wherever else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home