8.25.2004

I'm so totally there...

MONEYMAKER
Today was a typical dressed-up day...complete with matching meetings. Although Murphy's Law almost played a few rounds, Pink Tiger and I escaped unscathed and ready for more... well... ok, maybe not WANTING more, but we could surely take it on if needed.


BORDER PATROL
It's a sure sign that it's the end of the world. I used to be able to eat 5 tacos before you could finish reading Psalm 23. Maybe it's a stretch, but you hopefully get the point. Today. 1 taco.
1 coke. no refill. Sensei, my training progresses! That, and taking the walks, and the water are starting to help out. Now, if only I can wait for sleep.

OVERANALYZE THIS
Ok, I receive my daily horoscopes on email, but there's also the one from the local newspaper online. Granted, I've been posting the one from the newspaper, I generally pay attention more to the one from email. Tonight's horoscope...well, for tomorrow, that is... funny how it seems to keep up with what's current. Case in point...let's start of with the horoscope:

LIBRA: Thursday, August 26: With this Sun-Uranus opposition, you may suddenly discover that your attitude needs adjusting or your perspective revising. The most blatant clue? Somebody offers you something that you have wanted since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and instead of leaping on it enthusiastically yelling "Yippee!" at the top of your lungs, you say "I dunno, maybe, we'll see?"

Pink Tiger and I had a nice talk today. She basically reminded me that I should be having fun. And sure, she's not been the first to tell me this, but between her, King Cobra, and the Frou song... on repeat... I left work tonight after having had, I think, 5 mugs of tea. back to back. What can I say? I like this flavor. And so I thought, let me go to the mall or something...
Driving with the right music can be good therapy... I stopped listening to the lullabying techno beat of the song, and let some of the words I was hearing sink in... Let go, jump in, what are you waiting for...

It hit me right then. at that intersection. just having crossed the train tracks. I just need to take a breath, and jump in. Instead of "Yippee", I'd been saying "I dunno, maybe, we'll see"...literally. and granted, I'd be more inclined to say frickin A other than yippee, I know now how much fun I used to have when I would just say "Just f--- it" and just go spur of the moment.

Let's find out what happens.
In the meantime, soon, I'll get a haircut and maybe color my hair with bright highlights.

It'll either be yay or nay.
But i'm going to try... I've got nothing to lose, i'm going to try. I'm so totally there.

All the same, here's the newspaper one:
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 23). Everyone has an opinion, but that doesn't obligate you to follow the advice. Feel free to live your way. The old success wheel will start rolling when you develop your individuality to an even higher level. Romance is in the air tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bum said...

hrm. couple of months later...
i re read this.
i think, ok, i sorta remember what the hell i was talking about... and i'm sitting here thinking... what the fuck am i talking about?

blah.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home