8.23.2004

I'm okay with being unimpressive. I sleep better.

it's another insomniac evening, and I'm thinking back to this past weekend.
I had a lot of fun. My friend Megan's great company, whether it's going to a movie or getting lost in town. or IKEA.

Garden State.
"Oh, it's a dark, romantic comedy...Come on, it's even got Natalie Portman. I'm sure that'll convince you." That's all she said. Now granted, I didn't need to know Natalie Portman was in it to go, but it didn't hurt. I liked this movie a lot more than Megan prolly expected, let alone from what I expected. It had a good deal of life's lessons and perspectives, as well as some really funny laugh-out-loud moments. The soundtrack isn't bad either. I recommend listening to The Shins. You have to listen to this one song, it'll change your life, I promise. :)

Some of my favorite quotes:
"You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place."

"This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing. "

"You laugh, you know, I'm not saying I don't cry, but in between, I laugh."

Oh, and I was serious...if I were to become rich off of some obscure idea...let alone win the lotto, I'm putting a good number of people on a cruise. After I get a big house. With minimal furniture. and a golf cart. :)

WILLIAMS WATERWALL
I'd always wanted to go here... 64 ft high, 11,000 gallons per minute... it's really picturesque.
I don't know. Maybe it seems trivial, but going here was a really nice moment. It's always been on my list of places to see, but even though I've been once, I wouldn't mind going back time and again.

CENTRAL MARKET
Chocolate-covered coffee beans. I love chocolate. I heart mocha. Granted, I don't really do hot coffee at all, the cold stuff is good. But chocolate-covered coffee beans... very nice.

Growin up in the South, I've been exposed to Lipton tea...and iced tea. Mainly because there was a big Lipton company bldg where I grew up, and well, yeah. I got an introduction to tea the last few days, and I think I'm going to try it out. Jasmine Green Tea smells good, and tastes pretty good too.

IKEA.
Big. Blue. Building. So they tore down the old smaller one, built a bigger one adjacent to it, and converted the lot of the old IKEA into the new one's parking lot. Result? Need more parking space. That in itself was a fun event, just trying to find parking without parkin in the mud.
IKEA. land of the wooden and multi-colored furniture. next time, we're going to get ice cream.

This day was fun. The destinations were fun, and the company, well...can't complain one bit. Sometimes, the best things in life are free. and sometimes, not. But they're all the best in life.

And finally, Today's horoscope:
Not satisfied with mediocre attachments, you want relationships to be spectacular. Making something special takes creativity and energy. Be sure that short-term decisions about love make long-term sense.

No comment for now on that one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home