3.04.2006

Horn tootin on friday

Friday at work was a day of work.
I had four hours to get 40, but ended up saying i'll work 44 for the week.
By the time I left, I racked up about 46, but i'm still gonna call it 44.
Even if I didn't even finish my lunch and what was warm spaghetti was cool by the time i was done. but hey, it was a work day, and some good stuff was done.

Terry got his stuff taken cared of and met his challenge. He just has to tie up some loose ends on something on Monday, but i'm proud of him for "getting 'r done". Poor guy, he was gonna wait several hours to get two signatures on some paperwork just so a third person will sign it. I asked for his paperwork, and told him, nuh uh. you're good to go, and if anyone questions, take this work instruction with you. you're good to go. So, that saved a few hours wait.

Hailz was busy all week. Poor woman, she's to young for this stress, but she's a trooper. She got a lot of stuff done too, and while next week isn't going to let up much, she's still hanging in there and making me proud.

Player? well, Player is just Player. Scary, but I see myself in him. All the things I did when I first started, he does. And he's eager. Anyway, it's just funny cuz i'd remember all the grief and smiles i gave my supervisors back then, and he's doing some of them now. :)

But the horn tootin' moment for Friday? Two PhDs who I respect a lot cuz I know they know a LOT of stuff, stop me just when I'm about to sneak off with Pink Tiger to sign some paperwork AND finish my lunch. They wanted to get some info on something they got an email on. And i'm thinking, "you guys are asking me? Your two PhDs make my BS cower." Anyways, I told them I'd get on it right then and there, bail on Pink Tiger, and headed for my desk. Sure enough, a few minutes later, I'm sending info to the printer when they're done chatting with one of the other engineers. I asked, "where are y'all goin'?" They said they were heading back to their desk, and I smiled and said, "well, at least wait for the info you wanted." You got it already? "Yep"

t was a nice feel good moment when I actually can help out. :)

Thank you, Google. :) ha ha ha ha. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home